Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pizza face

The reason why so many Americans have acne!

MONEY!!!!!!! Thats right, Money. We have preventive medicine for Measles, Small Pox, Tetnis, etc... We have meds that stop ceizures, and meds that make an old mans penis erect (sorry, not trying to make the dump forum). I am sure there is a real cure for acne. Acne is a bacterial infection. Unlike a virus that has no cures, bacteria is treatable.

Ask yourself this, "How much do I spend at the local supermarket/drugstore on OTC face washes and acne ointments?" Exactly, a pooh load of money. This is why they never made the "miracle drug".

Pharmaceutical companies develope and manufacture antibiotics and topical solutions that only band-aid the problem. You go to your local Dermatologist because he spent 8 or more long and hard years in college. Well now that he is out, it is time to pay back those loans. How does he do this? Well, he will push the latest prescription out on you so the pharm. company will give him a couple hundred grand extra as a kick back. In the meanwhile, he is raping your insurance company on the Dr. visit. Now a year has passed, your face looks good, but what happens? That is right, you run out of meds and refills. You tough it out, but sure enough, pow, pow, pow pow pow; the zits spring to the surface like dead body floating to the surface of the lake.

Now you must go back so the process can repeat itself.

I say screw the Dr. and start a revolution. THERE IS A CURE AND WE ARE BEING SCREWED!!!!!

P.S. I am 22 and have had severe acne since I was 14 and yes I am bitter about it!

This has been brought up before. Well, at least you don't deny being bitter. I don't think this is the case, though. Sure, derms make tons of money, but so do other doctors.

There is a "miracle drug" for acne. It is called accutane.

All doctors play the same game.

Accutane is very powerful, but it does not cure everyone. Surf the threads and you will see that some people had to takeit more than once and it still comes back. People like me with severe acne that is cystic and just gross have a hard fight. But the fight is on, and we are losing.

Good hunting on the remedy.

Peace out

I think a lot of doctors are in it for money, but not ALL of them.

Anyways, yeah, acne sucks. Have you been on accutane, or don't want to risk the side effects?

I wouldn't deem accutane to be a miracle cure as it has TOO MANY negative side effects. My doctor tried to prescribe it to be too tho.

I think that movies have made us super paranoid about these huge pharmaceutical companies. :lol:

Of course it has side effects... I'm hardly recommending it!

But, what else comes close to accutane in effectiveness?

You are 100% wrong

Acne is such a problem that if a company had a blockbuster drug to cure it, they would make billions a year from it

You are 100% wrong.  Acne is such a problem that if a company had a blockbuster drug to cure it, they would make billions a year from it

The money is in the comeback...derms start you out on weak ass crap like Retin A Micro, benzamycin, and other topicals that aren't even as effective as 2.5 BP. Then you go back again and again, slowly getting the concentration of the stuff increased, until finally (months and $$$$$ later) they put you on antibiotics (or if they are really greedy a new topical). Then you repeat the process all over again. When THAT fails (and it always does, nobody ever clears 100% for good off of antibiotics), you go back for the mother of all acne meds, accutane. That's 6-7 months of automatic follow up visits and extra money for blood work right there. Then, let's say it cures your acne but you are still left with red marks or scars. You go back to get them treated....and the process of money syphoning begins again!

I used to want to be a dermatologist but now I'm not sure I want to think of myself as a crook and thief :

Accutane messes up your liver. Don't do it.

I just wanted to add...if ONLY our derms would give us a 100% money back guarantee on all products that don't work. THAT would have me trusting them again.