Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kriszti

Supplementing while taking prenatals and ttc

So I think I want to give fish oil and zinc a shot with respect to supplementation. I'm currently trying to conceive and am taking a Target brand prenatal vitamin once a day as well and biotin daily to help my nails get stronger. So, here are my questions:

1.) Is it a good idea to take a zinc supplement in addition to the zinc that is in my prenatal vitamin, or do you think that the prenatal has enough zinc in it? (I can look up the amount in it next time I post.)

2.) I was looking to take some of my husband's fish oil supplements, but one of the fish used in it is mackerel, which tends to be higher in mercury content and is generally to be avoided while pregnant. Anyone know where I can get a good fish oil supplement that does not contain fish oil from higher mercury-containing fish?

3.) How much of each is generally recommended for supplementation for acne?

If you are trying to conceive, I highly suggest going with cod liver oil instead of regular fish oil - the Vitamin A will help out a lot. Twinlabs has a really good brand (they also market fish oil); if you want I can give you a link.

Prenatals generally have a lot of zinc in them so I would just stick to that.