Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItsMe16

Where do I get calcium from and how much?

I have decided to eliminate milk from my diet, but my new concern is where do I get calcium from without supplements? Is it true broccoli has a lot of calcium? If so, how much do I take a day to meet the daily requirement of calcium?

Collard greens are the best source of vegetable calcium, providing 25% of the RDA per serving with little anti-nutrient acitivity.

Broccoli has a little bit of calcium (9% of the RDA) as do nuts.

The easiest sources of calcium are ground eggshells and bone broths. A single egg shell has over 2 grams of calcium.

Collard greens are the best source of vegetable calcium, providing 25% of the RDA per serving with little anti-nutrient acitivity.

The easiest sources of calcium are ground eggshells and bone broths. A single egg shell has over 2 grams of calcium.

What are collard greens? What type of vegetables are they?

Eggshells? Do you mean actually consuming the raw egg shells.

What are collard greens? What type of vegetables are they?

Eggshells? Do you mean actually consuming the raw egg shells.

They're like spinach and kale; they're a leafy green variety.

As for the eggshells, you generally boil them first to remove potential contaminants, and then grind them to make a powder.

Look into using Chia Seeds...they have an amazing amount of calcium...and they taste really good when you grind them up

Interesting, how much of this egg shell powder am I suppose to consume a day in order to meet the daily calcium requirments.

Roughly half an egg shell for 1 gram of elemental calcium.

But you'd probably only need half that amount, considering the other calcium you'd be getting from your diet.

I have decided to eliminate milk from my diet, but my new concern is where do I get calcium from without supplements? Is it true broccoli has a lot of calcium? If so, how much do I take a day to meet the daily requirement of calcium?

Why eliminate milk? It is probably one of the best drinks/foods a human can ever eat.

Why eliminate milk? It is probably one of the best drinks/foods a human can ever eat.

milk its k to drink :) even famous people drinks milk. >_< lol

Got milk? :)

almond , soy , and rice milk has same calcium as cow milk. :)

i love soy the most .. haven't taste almond yet.

sesame seeds (not roasted) are also a good source.

You can blend one cup of seeds with two cups water then pour in to a seive for some nice milk. I add raw chocolate powder, a banana and some vanilla then blend again for one of theeee best drinks :)

Soymilk has nice calcium :) i use this on Organic cereal... Gluten free :P

Soy milk calcium is convenient, but it has to be artificially added. I would focus on getting calcium from natural sources first.

I love milk, but I am experimenting to see if that is the cause of my acne. So far no results. Anyone know who should I go to to get tested for food allergies or sensitives, will a naturopath(?) do that?