Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bloop

Duac, tazorac, and evoclin..ugh.

Here's the story. My dermatologist gave me samples of evoclin and tazorac .05 cream to use. He also gave me a prescription for duac in case my skin doesn't react well with the other two meds (because i have super sensitive and dry skin). Being the nervous gal that I am, I got the duac right away just in case I have a bad reaction to the other meds. So now I have all three medications in my cabinet, I have no idea what to do, and my next derm appointment is in a month and a half. I definitely want to start with the duac, but I have no idea if I should continue to use the other meds with it. Should I try something like duac in the morning and evoclin at night? Or tazorac in the morning and duac at night? No clue.

I know this whole thing probably seems silly and stupid, but I really need help, and fast. I have a huge event to attend in three weeks, and I would like to get rid of at least some spots by then. It probably seems impossible, but any advice would do. Thank you guys so much.

Oh, and I just realized that duac is 1% clindamycin and 5% benzoyl peroxide, while evoclin is 1% clindamycin, so I guess it wouldn't make sense to use both of those meds together.

So it's between tazorac + duac or duac alone...help please!

Duac alone if you have something important in 3 weeks. The Taz will mess your skin up for a good couple of months before it gets better.

Oh alright, thank you! I was given instructions for the taz and evoclin but not the duac..how would I use it? Every morning and night over my moisturizer?

Before moisturizer, mornings and nights if you want, if you are using it with Taz mornings only.