Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so. um. my biggest problem right now is that my right&left cheep are covered by LOTS of red marks (no exaggeration here, it's probably 150+ on each cheek) . it's pretty disgusting. i know that i can't use AHAs or anything like that because i'm on accutane right now, but i'd like to know if there are any products that might help with red marks and accelerate the healing process (my skin heals so slowly, they are about 4 months old!). i was thinking about jojoba oil, emu oil or something like that :)

i'm also wondering what cleanser might be best for my skin at the moment. right now i am using avene for sensitive skin.

dont worry, on accutane for me and lots of other people it makes redmarks look worse. after you finish accutane, your redmarks should not look as prominent. i cant stress how important it is to just be patient, let accutane clear your skin. once your skin is clear, and stays clear is when you will notice your red marks will begin to heal. jojoba oil and emu oil are both good choices. ive only tried emu oil, and i really like it. i will try jojoba oil next, everybody says its great. for your cleanser just make sure it is mild, and doesnt make your skin dry. remember to keep your regimen simple and just let accutane take care of your acne. once your clear treating red marks becomes much easier, and you may find that will fade on there own if your skin stays clear. good luck