Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

Best seeds? Sunflower? Pumpkin?

Which would be the best seeds?

The only nuts I use is almonds and I dont eat very much. Only like 10-15 pr day. Thats not much. But I want to add some seeds aswell.

Which would be the best, and what amount would be safe? Do I have to soak seeds?

Of course you don't have to soak seeds, but it's beneficial. =P

Don't eat too many of them but there's no problem with 1-2 servings a day.

I were aiming to eat 1/4 of a cup or so.

What is one serving when talking seeds? ½ cup? Are you using seeds, or nuts?

I've read both can be good for acne, but the book I just most recently read said that Pumpkin seeds are good for acne. Moderation of course, but you could probably eat just about as many pumpkin seeds as you could handle.

flax

Doesnt flax affects hormones?

Yes. Some people had problems with flax. Especially males. Besides, I assumed you were looking for a snack food, and flax wouldn't be a good one. And you have to grind it up or you are just wasting it.

Eat pumpkin seeds. And have a few other nuts too unless they are a problem for you.

flax

Doesnt flax affects hormones?

Yes. Some people had problems with flax. Especially males. Besides, I assumed you were looking for a snack food, and flax wouldn't be a good one. And you have to grind it up or you are just wasting it.

Eat pumpkin seeds. And have a few other nuts too unless they are a problem for you.

I will stick with pumpkin seeds and almonds I think. I dont really need anymore. Could try Brazilian Nuts or whatever that is. What other stuff to try? Walnuts arent my thang.

I dont use flax, or flaxseed oil so thats fine.

Chia Seeds and Hemp seeds are my favorite...both are high in EFA's and minerals

What do you use Chia Seeds for? Salads?

I grind them and add them to smoothies, I also make crackers and flatbreads with them. Oh, and I have a recipe for "rice pudding" that uses them instead of rice.

Chia seeds are quinoa, right?

According to nutritiondata.com, they don't have any digestable carbs. Very unusual grain.

According to nutritiondata.com, they don't have any digestable carbs. Very unusual grain.

No. Chia seeds are Salvia.

I grind them and add them to smoothies, I also make crackers and flatbreads with them. Oh, and I have a recipe for "rice pudding" that uses them instead of rice.

Oh! Post the recipe for the rice pudding. Preferably to the Chia thread. Chia seeds don't have to be ground, btw. They are traditionally used to make a drink and they are used whole.

If I am allergic to say regular peanuts...would I be allergic to seeds as well?

Please help!

It may sound dumb,I would like to know though.

Because, before I found out about my many food intolerences, I noticed after I ate some nutty bars, which contains chocolate peanut butter,and sugar..

I broke out within hours...So I concluded I was allergic o NUTS...A mnth before that I had some mixture of nuts or what not..around christmas time..I was not sure of which type, it was just a variety of many nuts, in a christmas dish...I broke out then as well, really bad...

However ,this was befotre I knew the connection between food allergies and acne...I was not into all of of that then..

This yr I ate some sunflower seed, a large bag...and they were good, the kind without the shell..

However this was before I stopped eating some sugar and fruit in total..and I broke out...It could be do to the many fruits I was consuming..the natural sugars in lagre amnts..

So, That is why I am wondering..

If you know for sure you are allergic to NUTS...is there a strong possibility you are allergic to SEED?

Please answer without harsh comments. :angel:

Thank you!!

If I am allergic to say regular peanuts...would I be allergic to seeds as well?

Please help!

It may sound dumb,I would like to know though.

Because, before I found out about my many food intolerences, I noticed after I ate some nutty bars, which contains chocolate peanut butter,and sugar..

I broke out within hours...So I concluded I was allergic o NUTS...A mnth before that I had some mixture of nuts or what not..around christmas time..I was not sure of which type, it was just a variety of many nuts, in a christmas dish...I broke out then as well, really bad...

However ,this was befotre I knew the connection between food allergies and acne...I was not into all of of that then..

This yr I ate some sunflower seed, a large bag...and they were good, the kind without the shell..

However this was before I stopped eating some sugar and fruit in total..and I broke out...It could be do to the many fruits I was consuming..the natural sugars in lagre amnts..

So, That is why I am wondering..

If you know for sure you are allergic to NUTS...is there a strong possibility you are allergic to SEED?

Please answer without harsh comments. :angel:

Thank you!!

Peanuts aren't nuts you know. they're legumes, like beans. I think lots of people who have problems with nuts often avoid seeds as well. This is something you will have to try out yourself. No one can say for sure if they will affect you or not. Testing it out is the only way you will ever know though.

i would think phytoestrogens would be good for males.

i eat one once of raw almonds a day. high in mono fat and low in omega 6, high in antioxidants and minerals

i would think phytoestrogens would be good for males.

i eat one once of raw almonds a day. high in mono fat and low in omega 6, high in antioxidants and minerals

Almonds aren't that low in omega-6. Unless you consider 4 grams to be low.

No. Chia seeds are Salvia.

Oh! Post the recipe for the rice pudding. Preferably to the Chia thread. Chia seeds don't have to be ground, btw. They are traditionally used to make a drink and they are used whole.

K, will do. I know they don't have to be ground...this pudding recipe calls for them to be whole

more like 3.5 grams. and yes compared to most nuts and seeds it is low. high in mon fat and antioxidants.

that is why dr. perricone, sears, weil etc. say eat almonds

plus only a small percent of omega 6 gets converted to AA. which is the main problem