Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have 2 cysts that were once all liquidy and swollen and they just turned into a big hard painless lump. I've had them injected 2 and 3 times but a week after they flatten a bit, they go back to their normal hard lump self.

They've been there for 3 months. I'm going to the derm for my monthly accutane appointment, and he will probably inject them again.

Anyone else have these cysts?

Hello :)

You know, I've had a similar situation and eventually I did go ahead with the cortisone injections when needed, very rarely. Always worked out fine and offending pimple would go away...well about a month ago this monster of a cyst began on lower left cheek area. I did successive aspirin-masks and thought it would help. After a week, no better went and had an injection. Seemed to be getting better but as you said, it got big again. Went back and had 2 more injections (derm said there were 2 in there). Went home, seemed better---you guessed it, it was not going anywhere, this cyst was my summer companion. So I bought the $150 Zeno out of desperation. It seemed to work initially ok , but in the AM, after the cyst 'woke up' it was back to it's old self. Squishy, as wide as a dime and causing me so much duress. I freakin' hate this! It's been about a month and a half.

Today I got a needle hot and lanced it. Presently sitting with neosporin and band-aid.

not too smart, but I could not stand it.

I hope yours goes away with the injection. It's such a relief when they do.

yeah this will be the 3rd or 4th (can't remember anymore!) for these two particular ones. They are just hard lumps, but I think they are still there because I didn't get them injected early on. They were a month old when they were first injected. So, they aren't swollen, just there.