Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdruler

What the Heck Kind of Pimples Are These?

Ok so I have a lot of white comedones. Recently it seems like they want to come out (yay?) BUT sometimes they turn into what appears to be a red bigger version of a comedone. They range in sizes, one is pretty small and nearly flat, but still red. Others are bigger and are sore to the touch. They're not cysts though. Sometimes they come to a head but usually linger around days, sometimes weeks. What are they and more importantly, how do I get rid of them? :( Will bp work? Or something sulfur based? Which is best? Thanks.

Ok, I guess it's a nodule. Does anyone know how to treat them? I have an appointment with a derm in a couple of weeks but is there anything I can do until then?

it doesnt sound like a nodule to me. it just seems like you have comedones that get inflammed sometime. I get the same thing. Don't touch them and wait for professional advice. maybe your derm will perscribe you something.

I'd continue with your regimen as see what it does. When you go to your dermatologist, she or he may inject it with a cortisone shot. I had a HUGE one on my forehead, and my derm used a cortisone shot on it. Swelling went down within a day, it was flat the next morning, but there was a huge dark spot. Hope all goes well for you!

I absolutely hate those types of acne without whiteheads, its just a big or small red bump in the skin.

I'd continue with your regimen as see what it does. When you go to your dermatologist, she or he may inject it with a cortisone shot. I had a HUGE one on my forehead, and my derm used a cortisone shot on it. Swelling went down within a day, it was flat the next morning, but there was a huge dark spot. Hope all goes well for you!

I absolutely hate those types of acne without whiteheads, its just a big or small red bump in the skin.

Thanks guys! It's really good to hear that it's not a nodule. I literally started crying today because I thought I have severe instead of moderate acne. Anyways, once I had a cortisone shots and these babies didn't even respond. I'm going to use some bp and see how that works. Thanks again!