Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tenten

accutane users and food!

Hi guys it's been 7 months since stopping accutane, I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone back to a normal diet after accutane? and is still clear.

I'm back to eating loads of sugar, milk, diary, chocolate, pizza etc...and no changes here as of yet over the last 7 months. I've put on weight which is a blessing!

well thought i'd post some progress .....:) later

Do you know the cause of your acne? Hormonal I guess?

If you can handle that food - thats impressive. You dont got problems with your blood sugar, digestion or anything?

Nope. Because accutane didn't help me at all. Not even temporarily like for most people.

And you shouldn't be eating 'loads of sugar, milk, diary, chocolate, pizza etc.' You will pay for it one day.

The only thing I went back to was milk. I quit drinking milk before Accutane.. but I figured if I'm taking a drug that "is supposed to get rid of acne no matter what the cause".. then I can go back to drinking milk.

As far as pizza, ice cream, junk, etc.. its ok once in a while but don't make it part of your meal plan.

That's a shame it didn't work alter did you take your accutane with milk, they said to take it with milk for it to work better. I still get little tiny pimples around the hormonal times but nothing serious..

Oh i eat pretty healthy I just eat alot more sugar then I used to, I never ate it ever! I gradually let everything back in after accutane with no probs so far.

Why on earth would it work better with milk? Maybe there's a good reason but that seems like ridiculous advice to me...

It works best, logically, with a source of fat and a source of Vitamin D. Is it full-fat milk they suggest? That would make some sense.

Well it actually states somewhere in the directions for it to take it with milk/ even my derm/doctor said so. I'm guessing full fat yes? who would ever drink lite milk yuck! :P