Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

Looking for low-carb recipes; Salads, Breakfast, Snacks.

Hello everyone.

Im looking for some recipes. Im eating very low carb, with healthy fats (recently increased it a little with nuts and seeds and some more oils) since I perhaps still got some candida. The only real carbs im having is ½ cup brown rice every second day and 1 carrot every second day.

Im looking for some recipes:

Salads:

I need some recipes (low carb ofc) containing loads of veggies, perhaps turkey, fish, chicken. Or perhaps eggs.

Anyone got some good ones? Probably without dressing. Im using olive oil with garlic, so I dont need dressing.

Breakfast:

I need some good egg omelets, or other good breakfast recipes containing vegetables. Currently eating salad for breakfast, but I would like to expand with some nuts/seeds perhaps and some egg omelets with zucchini etc.

Can I include eggs in my breakfast if im eating turkey for lunch and fish for dinner etc? Or would that be too much protein? Maybe I should stay with protein at 2 meals instead.

Snacks:

Anyone got some ideas for some low carb snacks?

Currently got the following:

Almonds

Cucumber slices

Celleri sticks

Radishes

Leafy greens

Avocados

1 Carrot

Sometimes a little slice turkey/chicken breast

Is pumpkin seeds OK by the way?

I hope anyone got something to share with me =)

Hello everyone.

Im looking for some recipes. Im eating very low carb, with healthy fats (recently increased it a little with nuts and seeds and some more oils) since I perhaps still got some candida. The only real carbs im having is ½ cup brown rice every second day and 1 carrot every second day.

Im looking for some recipes:

Salads:

I need some recipes (low carb ofc) containing loads of veggies, perhaps turkey, fish, chicken. Or perhaps eggs.

Anyone got some good ones? Probably without dressing. Im using olive oil with garlic, so I dont need dressing.

Breakfast:

I need some good egg omelets, or other good breakfast recipes containing vegetables. Currently eating salad for breakfast, but I would like to expand with some nuts/seeds perhaps and some egg omelets with zucchini etc.

Can I include eggs in my breakfast if im eating turkey for lunch and fish for dinner etc? Or would that be too much protein? Maybe I should stay with protein at 2 meals instead.

Snacks:

Anyone got some ideas for some low carb snacks?

Currently got the following:

Almonds

Cucumber slices

Celleri sticks

Radishes

Leafy greens

Avocados

1 Carrot

Sometimes a little slice turkey/chicken breast

Is pumpkin seeds OK by the way?

I hope anyone got something to share with me =)

I've been learning/experimenting with some vegetables; here's a few I picked up that I really enjoy:

Lightly steam chopped kale to reduce volume of leaves and stir-fry with chopped leeks or red onion with coconut oil

Steam any variety of chopped leafy greens (I like swiss chard, collard greens, kale, bok choy) along with other vegetables you like (I like raw red onions in this as well, adds some crunch) and add to a large bowl with a lid. In the bowl add enough olive oil to coat the vegetables and then toss in whatever spices you like (including chopped garlic cloves). Put the lid on, mix thoroughly and you've got some tasty vegetables :razz: . You can also make this in fairly large batches to have leftovers for a little while. I'll usually make up a couple of varieties of this and have it for a few days.

This next one is higher-carb but healthy none the less.

Cut up one or more of the following: turnips, rutabagas, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips and coat with olive oil. For sweeter vegetable mixes (sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips) I like to add one or more of the following: cinnamon, cloves, all spice, nutmeg. For the more bitter ones I like to add one or more of the following: garlic powder, basil, oregano, rosemary, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, sage, tarragon. Place on a baking sheet and broil in the oven.

If you've got no problems handling the protein then I'd go for it otherwise I'd favor vegetables. One thing I've noticed is that I can't eat protein with every meal or it doesn't sit well with me (stomach makes some noise). This is particularly wiith my morning meal, lunch and dinner protein is fine. Only way to know what works for you is to try different things and note how you feel and how your body reacts to it.

Best of luck.