Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strider1

Best lip balm/moisturizer/whatever to treat dry lips??

I don't know why but my lips are getting dry even though its the summer. Its really confusing. I use complex 15 all over my face but I guess that is not enough?

I need the max amount of moisture for my lips whether it being from a lip balm, chapstick, moistizer, oil, whatever! Just tell me :D

I have constantly dry, chapped lips, too. (Go figure everything else on my face is greasy.) I've found products with flavors and fragrance tend to make it worse. I also read sun damage can make lips dry, so I'm using a product with SPF. I'm currently using Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick with SPF 15 during the day and Vaseline at night. I'm looking for something better at night, though. The Sheer Cream Lipstick comes in clear, as well as different colors. If you put a light layer of it, it has more of a "lipstick" finish. If you put a heavier layer of it, it has a glossier finish. It's light with nicer texture than I've found anywhere else so far. I use Clear, See-Through Mauve, and Rose Glow.

Laura Mercier's Lip Silk! I love the stuff. It's a small $20 tube but works great.

Sephora carries it, unfortunately not all Sephora's stores do though (like the one close to my home!) but you can get it online. If you're not willing to pay S&H high end retail department stores carry Laura Mercier like Saks 5th, Nordstroms, Niemanmarcus.

http://www.lauramercier.com/products/skinc.../lips/lip_silk/

I love Burt's Bees, and agree aquafor or vaseline works great as well. They both have tube like packaging available, so you can carry one around with you.

For years I had very dry chapped lips and constantly used chap-sticks, etc. Many believe that vaseline as an ingredient makes things worse since it's petrolatum and I agree. You can research it and decide for yourself though.

I now use products that are petrolatum free and really like ones from Eco Lips - all organic and no vaseline/petrolatum. Such a huge difference since using their balms!!!:)

You can also try oils: jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil. But I like the way 'balms' feel so I ended up going that route.

Good luck.......

ugh no, if you checked first, i am indeed male sorry lol.

I guess I could try aquaphor but Im not a big fan of petroleum, i feel like it makes it worse in the long run.

i will try the ecolips though...where can you find it? cvs good?

might try some and order some jojoba from dan...

any other suggestions?

I have constantly dry, chapped lips, too. (Go figure everything else on my face is greasy.) I've found products with flavors and fragrance tend to make it worse. I also read sun damage can make lips dry, so I'm using a product with SPF. I'm currently using Paula's Choice Sheer Cream Lipstick with SPF 15 during the day and Vaseline at night. I'm looking for something better at night, though. The Sheer Cream Lipstick comes in clear, as well as different colors. If you put a light layer of it, it has more of a "lipstick" finish. If you put a heavier layer of it, it has a glossier finish. It's light with nicer texture than I've found anywhere else so far. I use Clear, See-Through Mauve, and Rose Glow.

I recommend Aquaphor because it's the most readily available and very cheap, but honestly my favorite is Paula's Choice Lip and body balm. It manages to stay on overnight, it's not slippery like Vaseline tends to be, and it moisturizes extremely well. I use this for my undereyes as well..For those of you who purchase products online, consider the lip and body balm.

It's a little pricey but tends to last for a very long time. check out the reviews here for more info.

Hands down for the Blistex DCT SPF 20 lip balm it's in the small screw up jar. It's a great lip balm and very condition great reviews!!