Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kuhoolish

You know your acne is bad when...

... when you wake up at 5am on a tuesday morning, naked on the bathroom floor holding an empty bottle of whisky with a headache becasue you had 6 diazepam tablets to take the mental pain away.

but... hey... like most of you lot say here.... KEEP POSITIVE!

.... yeah... thanks for the fucking advice

...when you want to cry every time you look in the mirror

...when you can't recognize your own face under all the red spots

...when you get to the point of saying I would gladly trade my acne for a much worse disease, as long as people can't see it on my face

... when because of acne you don't want to go out with friends or family

... when you envy a total stranger that walks by you (God knows he could be an ax murderer or have a suckyyyy life) just because they have clear skin.

... the list can go on forever.

I just cried a little reading that because it's exactly how i feel everyday.

Sometimes I wish I could just hide in a corner for the rest of my life.

This thread makes me really sad.

When you begin to count the blemishes and force yourself to stop at twenty because you are still on one cheek.

- when u finally start to get clear u get another breakout to start all over again

-when u become paranoid about every move or food u take

-when ur regimen doesnt do a thing

-when EVERYONE else u know has clear skin who lives there life like crap

-when self confidence is no longer a part of ur life

-When u use a new towel every night wen cleaning face.

You think you look best in a clay mask because it covers up all the imperfections.

lol ive had that thought too. that i look best when my face is covered in clay.

also

-when you start to isolate yourself.

-when you ring in sick because of a bad break out.

-when you stare in envy at people with perfect skin and think, if only.

-when you think about you're skin virtually 24/7

-when the first thing you do when you get up in the morning, is check you're face to see if you have any new spots.

-when you worry constantly about how things you do, or things you eat, will affect you're skin.

-when you've been unresponsive to so many things you're gp has given you, they refer you to a derm and you still dont have it under control.

-when you spend hours online trawling through acne.org posts and advice

.......when you develop ocd due to the obsessive nature of checking your skin every other hour.

.......when you become terrified of sleeping at a friends house/ going swimming with them because your acne will either look worse or have become worse during the night.

......when you left your job that was actually quite pleasant because the thought of having to help people via customer service became so painful when acne made you look completely unsuitable for the task.

......when you avoid looking at parents in the eye at breakfast because you havent applied concealer/ foundation.

......when wanting to go out with friends is prevented because you feel so self-consious of the new cyst that has appeared that morning and you can only cry with sick frustration when concealer fails disguise the obvious fact that you have bad acne.

.....when all the above make you feel that life and your future is pointless because you have forgotten what it was like to be happy.

-you go from counting how many spots you have to counting the spots of clear skin between them.

-your life is divided into two distinct sections: the years before you had acne and the years since.

-you have all the distinct features of a geographical landscape on your face: mountains, valleys, ridgelines, craters, rivers...

wow just wow, especially the second one.

Also

- When you watch Vanilla Sky and find that your life is similar to the main characters (albeit on a smaller scale) I watched it last night and found that my life kind of went down the same road, I was a happy guy and then suddenly out of nowhere I got very severe acne, I isolated myself from the world, became depressed/borderline suicidal, every time I went out (which was not alot) I got stared at and commented on, ended up losing most of my friends simply because they didnt understand. etc etc

EDIT: Also

- When the first thing you do when you wake up is check the pillowcase to see how much blood there is on it

- When you have to eat slowly and carefully and not to stretch your mouth too much otherwise you risk bursting a nearby cyst

- When you begin to absoloutely loathe proactive/clearasil commercials where the actress who has beautiful skin is complaining about that massive non existant whitehead on her cheek.

- When you try and imagine the future but you cant imagine being happy again

Reading this thread has made me so grateful that my skin isnt half as bad as it used to be.

-when going on a date you try to go at night or a dark place

-you wake up two hours before school starts to cover your blemishes

-once in the bathroom, the 1st thing you do is check the mirror; everytime you pass a mirror, you take a glance at your skin; you avoid looking in the car mirror because you makes you wanna cry.

-when someone is looking at you and then compliments you, you feel as if they only tell you that because they feel bad about your skin.

oh i've thought of some:

-when u'd give up a pretty face with acne for a completely plain looking face with no acne

-when you start blaming your genetics and parents

-when you start blaming and hating a higher being, such as god or something

-when fat obese girls that make eye contact with you give you snooty disgusting looks

-whenever you smile you have fine lines on your upper cheeks(if you've have prolonged acne on the cheeks)

-whenever you scrunch your forehead not only are your original expression lines are there but a new crop of fine ones appear too (if you've had prolonged acne on your forehead)

and yes prolonged patches of acne WILL give you a lot of fine lines and the risk will get higher with age. sucks huh? acne and wrinkles like two peas in a pod

When you go from obsessively checking mirrors to obsessively avoiding them.

(I have looked in the mirror twice the past three days)

When you are upset enough to write a "you know your acne is bad when" list.

...when you want to cry every time you look in the mirror

...when you can't recognize your own face under all the red spots

...when you get to the point of saying I would gladly trade my acne for a much worse disease, as long as people can't see it on my face

... when because of acne you don't want to go out with friends or family

... when you envy a total stranger that walks by you (God knows he could be an ax murderer or have a suckyyyy life) just because they have clear skin.

... the list can go on forever.

describes me perfectly

...when you starve yourself out of fear of eating something that may cause a breakout

...when you honestly do not know what you really look like anymore because your self-image is so warped

...when you sometimes get so frustrated with your acne that you pick your face to a bloody pulp without even flinching

other people with acne problems give you disgusted looks (happened to me a lot, one guy even said "eww")

I'v e had that happen 2 me in grammar school"eww".. except i didnt have acne back then LOL *cry*

seriously.. the fker that i catch saying that shit is gonna get their ass kicked.. ill go down town on them.. cant stand that inconsiderate!, self-centered!, conceded shiT!!.. hopefully that will teach their judgemental ass...

Funny enough I'm the same way kind of, when I see someone with clear skin I respect them more...when I see people with bad skin (like myself) I tend to think less of them. It doesn't make any sense at all. Since I'm really judging myself.....guess it's because it makes you feel less worthy, it's a strange strange thing :)

somethings wrong with ur ass.. "when i see someone with clear skin i respect them more".. get ur morals checked.. seriouslyy

when i see someone with clear skin, they dont receive +respect or -respect.. Fact is, i dont adjust my respect towards people depending on the clarity of their skin... period...!!!

again, somethings wrong with you "when i see people with bad skin, i tend to think less of them"... whattTTT!!! are you for real??? if ANYTHING you should have BE ABLE TO SEE PAST IT AND RELATE TO THEM MORE!!

-When the kids at the daycare ask why you have chicken pox on your face!

-When your little 2 years old daughter points at your face and say " Daddy oooowweeeee!?!?!?"

-When your mom tells you to put pee on your face.

-When you're reading a thread on "CUM making your acne better"

-When you try Pro-active for the 5th time knowing that it won't work.

Guest missyjean130

Everyone named mine lol.

I avoid reflective surfaces like the plague.Catching a glimpse of your horrible acne in them can turn a cheerful you,into a very sad you =(

Little kids often point it out,not to be mean,but theyre curious.

Friends have always reccommended stuff for me,or would clip out articles in magazines for me.

Family members say,"you used to be so pretty!"

When every guy you've ever dated teased you about it then left you for some clear skinned,blonde,big boobed bimbo.

When you get prescribed Accutane.

I was comin' home from the pharmacy yesterday when I suddenly remember an insulting thing that happened to me several years ago. I don't know why I thought of it...

So back in Highschool my dad took a trip to Israel for a week. When he came home he brought everyone in my family gifts. My mother received beautiful pottery and a t-shirt. My sisters got fancy jewish head-dresses, bracelets, and t-shirts. My brother got some other interesting things and a t-shirt. Me? No t-shirt for me. I got a brown lump of crap. At least that's what it looked like. It was actually a bar of soap made of mud from the dead sea with a big label saying ACNE CLEANSING SOAP BAR! My dad, after cleverly presenting everyone else's gifts, just tossed it at me and said something like "Here ya go. Maybe this'll work."

Well at least everyone got a good laugh. At my expense.

Thanks father.