Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kuhoolish

You know your acne is bad when...

thats awful, those people should get some manners. at least when you're clear again you'll know whos worth talking to. what treatment are you on?

just tell em don't hate congratulateif that don't work give em a knock about the head. =)

Funny enough I'm the same way kind of, when I see someone with clear skin I respect them more...when I see people with bad skin (like myself) I tend to think less of them. It doesn't make any sense at all. Since I'm really judging myself.....guess it's because it makes you feel less worthy, it's a strange strange thing :)

You know your acne is bad when...

... a simple smile causes a blemish to explode.

... it hurts to put on a shirt.

...when your friends stop talking to you. :(

And I'm not even exaggerating. Two years ago, I had more friends than I could count. Everybody talked to me and I always had someone to hang out with.

Then last year, I developed moderate/severe acne, and slowly my friends began to ignore me, until the this year, I only had three friends. Three people who would look at my face when they talked to me, who didn't act like I don't exist, and who actually carried on a conversation with me. Three people who didn't laugh about me behind my back because I'm the only one in my school with acne this bad. :/

You know your acne is bad when:

-people see a family photo and ask why there is a pizza in the background.

-you go from counting how many spots you have to counting the spots of clear skin between them.

-your life is divided into two distinct sections: the years before you had acne and the years since.

-the second number is greater than the first one.

-you have all the distinct features of a geographical landscape on your face: mountains, valleys, ridgelines, craters, rivers...

-you become a member of acne.org

Wow, talk about harsh bastards. You would think that experiencing the thing first hand would instill some compassion and understanding into them. My skin is alot more moderate now; probably more red marks, scarring and the odd bump than actual active acne itself. But regardless, I would never put some one down for their own acne problems. It's just fuking stupid.

I just to not notice people's skin at all pre-acne, but I'd only have been ten and below then, and them little squirts dont notice much, especially if they're stupid little squirts like I was. (am.)

But now I notice everybody's skin. It's weird, but when I see people with bad acne, I feel like I have a connection with them, and I like them. When I was in London a few years ago, I was feeling sad because all the people who walked past me looked like models, in stylish getup and so confident. Then I was watching one of those street act things, and a crowd gathered round and I looked across the crowd and I saw a boy about my age, with really bad acne on his cheeks. He was smiling with everyone else, but in a kind of pained, distracted way, like he was aware of his acne too. I just wanted to hug him.

edit: Wow Jaxin, are you really a drug addict? If you are, i feel bad for you. :(

...when your friends stop talking to you. :(

And I'm not even exaggerating. Two years ago, I had more friends than I could count. Everybody talked to me and I always had someone to hang out with.

Then last year, I developed moderate/severe acne, and slowly my friends began to ignore me, until the this year, I only had three friends. Three people who would look at my face when they talked to me, who didn't act like I don't exist, and who actually carried on a conversation with me. Three people who didn't laugh about me behind my back because I'm the only one in my school with acne this bad. :/

High five.

I looked across the crowd and I saw a boy about my age, with really bad acne on his cheeks. He was smiling with everyone else, but in a kind of pained, distracted way, like he was aware of his acne too. I just wanted to hug him.

That reminds me of a boy that comes to my workplace sometimes. He's around 13-14, and has horrible acne. I used to have really bad acne, but his is extremely severe, and there's a lot of scarring. He somehow manages to be really nice and cheerful, which blows my mind, because when my acne was at it's worse I couldn't look anyone in the face. People who work with me make snide comments about him when he leaves, and I say something like "leave him alone, wtf is he supposed to do" which is really uncharacteristic of me. Funny how acne changes your perspective.

It actually hurts me when people say things about him because it brings back memories of having bad acne and people thinking you're to blame because you obviously drink soda and don't wash your face. The kid is trying so hard to have a good attitude but I know he's going to eventually break.

....You feel bad to go out in public. Ya know, I'm starting to think it wouldn't be so bad if we just didn't feel so worthless and such 'bout it. It's really the worst part. I look up to all you guys because you know what it's like to go through total distress. All those people that make faces at you and call you names; they just don't have enough perceptive to see the kind of pain we do. And they can't really imagine that untill they get acne.

Thank goodness we're smarter than them. But I think I'm done with the acne lesson.

WHY CAN'T THESE PIMPLES LEAVE ALREADY? :shifty:

...when you want to cry every time you look in the mirror

...when you can't recognize your own face under all the red spots

...when you get to the point of saying I would gladly trade my acne for a much worse disease, as long as people can't see it on my face

... when because of acne you don't want to go out with friends or family

... when you envy a total stranger that walks by you (God knows he could be an ax murderer or have a suckyyyy life) just because they have clear skin.

... the list can go on forever.

...when you can't recognize your own face under all the red spots

Good point, bringing that up. I look at myself in the mirror, and even my mental preception of myself is so distorted, that I'm not sure what I really look like. Sure I know the features that make me up, but it's hard to put them all together and get a wholistic view of the way people see me. That's of course because all I really see when I look at myself is this disease.

...when you're embarrased to be in pictures because the flash makes your skin look like you have red paint all over your face.

...when you know other people with acne are looking at your face in envy (i went to warped tour and everyone i saw was looking at me)

...when you become so self-conscious that you're constantly looking around to see if anyone is looking at you.

...when you cover your face as often as you can as if you could make all of it go away...

...when you get defensive when you think people are looking at your skin

it just never gets easy. i feel all your pain :(

When you can't make new friends, and just keep the old ones that know you anyway.

When your friends look at you with concern (not disgust)

You know your acne is bad when:

-people see a family photo and ask why there is a pizza in the background.

-you go from counting how many spots you have to counting the spots of clear skin between them.

-your life is divided into two distinct sections: the years before you had acne and the years since.

-the second number is greater than the first one.

-you have all the distinct features of a geographical landscape on your face: mountains, valleys, ridgelines, craters, rivers...

-you become a member of acne.org

:D

Those are hilarious.

when you finally run out of the fall back areas of your face which used to be your at least one good spot...

when even when you are a good amount clearer than before, you feel and see no difference..

...when you become so self-conscious that you're constantly looking around to see if anyone is looking at you.

i know that feeling. i hate it when ppl look at me. it makes me feel so uncomfortable and it affects my social skills too sometimes