Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zenonie

chinese map of face acne

does anybody have that or know where I could find it?

It is a map of a face, and it shows what causes acne on different parts of the face-for example chin acne is caused by hormones, forehead by intestinal problems, etc.

It is a map of a face, and it shows what causes acne on different parts of the face-for example chin acne is caused by hormones, forehead by intestinal problems, etc.

Do you mean this: http://www.positivehealth.com/article-view.php?articleid=442

with a grain of salt

thats how much merit you should put behind face reading

based on the five elements rooted in buddisht and doaist beliefs it is basically chinese fortune telling.

go to any china town and m sure you can get your face read by some fung sway person.

the five elements is a principle used sparringly and not religiously in chinese medicine.

it is a miniscule part of the big whole.

look do a search this has come up a million times in the couple years ive been on here. not trying to be rude at all but most stuff you hear about has been tested on here before many times and this is nothing special.

ewww i've become one of those people now, but really just trying to help

There's one at www.corymichael.com

They are an awesome couple who make and create fresh skin care. Under the Facials section, at the bottom is a face map.

There's one at www.corymichael.com

They are an awesome couple who make and create fresh skin care. Under the Facials section, at the bottom is a face map.

How about this: http://www.skinacea.com/acne/acne-face-map.html

Even if the face map is wrong - which I am not saying it is at all, it gives some good reminders that benefit overall health right? I'll try it.

While i do think these things vary so much from one so called expert to another that it makes the whole theory sound ridiculous i do wonder sometimes why so many of us get acne consistently in the same places of the face. I always get mine between the lower lip/above the chin and any on my cheek are ALWAYS on the right side and not the left. It does strike me as very odd and maybe if there is an explanation it does lie in the fact that certain parts of our faces reflect our health in other areas of the body.....or maybe i'm clutching at straws here to explain something that is really just a coincidence.

The facial maps are a little sketchy, most of them have different reasoning, and some of them are just plain wrong.

My acne is primarily on my forehead, and I know it's not because "I need to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 6am."

The facial maps are a little sketchy, most of them have different reasoning, and some of them are just plain wrong.

My acne is primarily on my forehead, and I know it's not because "I need to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 6am."

I think you're missing the point. Nothing can ever give you a true cause or true reason, but I don't think the map means not "sleeping at 10pm and waking up at 6am" is why you get acne on your forehead. I thought it was helpful because of the general lifestyle changes you can make to make yourself kind of healthier overall. *shrugs*

Boomer, I do agree with you. I know these facial maps weren't made with any bad intentions, but they can be very misleading. You're right however, they all suggest very good improvements to anyone's general lifestyle, which could potentially affect their acne.

Here is a site that has many illustrations and text about face reading

Here is a site that has many illustrations and text about face reading

The above link for Positive Health has been changed; for some reason I cannot enter the correct link in the reply, so I will try here www.positivehealth.com/article/chinese-oriental-medicine/chinese-face-reading-for-health

Cannot get this to act as a link, guess I am doing something wrong! However, copy the above url and you will find the article with many illustrations on face reading, plus a great deal of explanatory text.

New members cannot post links. That's the problem.

Wow, for a "holistic health" forum, people are awfully close-minded.

Guest pokemonster

if there is no principle behind where pimple grows then what exactly determines why they grow on that specific place. like fe only on cheeks at one time but next time only on chin, then all of sudden neck etc. and why cant they all just go to ass anyway? not saying those maps deff must be true or anything ofc, but also y exclude possibility?

I think the face map reading is a load of crock.

I wouldn't say that certain types of food can make acne arise in certain areas on the face/body but it's possible. Although I do believe that certain areas are more susceptible to acne when you eat these problem foods. I almost NEVER got forehead acne. That was the one place where my face was clear. My cheeks and chin area on the other hand were covered. Also the one area between my eyebrows at the top of my nose would get cystic acne quite often.

According to that "map" I shouldn't have had acne there because these are the main solutions/inverse causes of acne between the eyebrows:

-Exercise, but avoid strenuous exercise

-Get more sleep

-Avoid alcohol

-Avoid smoking

Exercise, but avoid strenuous exercise: I wasn't exactly exercising a lot back then but I was definitely walking a lot more than I do now or have for any other stage in my life.

Get more sleep: I was sleeping quite a lot back then actually.

Avoid alcohol: I was drinking alcohol but once in a blue moon. Definitely not enough to affect my acne.

Avoid smoking: I don't smoke.

Now let's look at forehead acne:

Go to bed early (10pm) and wake up early (6am). Even if you can't fall asleep. it's good to relax so your liver can rest and be ready for work the next day: I was getting lots of sleep but I definitely was not going to sleep at 10PM. Much later.

Drink plenty of water: I wasn't really drinking much water back then. Maybe 2 cups a day.

20-30 minutes of light exercise every day, especially outdoors: I was walking a lot so I guess this counts.

Practice relaxation techniques to worry less: I was chronically stressed back then.

Get enough sleep with a regular sleep schedule: I was sleeping a lot but my sleep schedule sure as hell was not regular.

Eat healthy foods, chewing thoroughly: I wasn't eating horribly but I wasn't eating healthy foods either.

Better hygiene (washing hair, hats): My hair was constantly on my forehead and sometimes I would wash it every day and other times I would wash it once a week. It never made any difference.

Personal note: My back acne cleared up fully when I started taking fish oil. So is back acne related to an Omega 3 deficiency or a high Omega 6 intake?

I'm not ruling out that there isn't something to this theory but I haven't really seen too much evidence to make me believe that doing certain specific things or eating/avoiding certain specific foods will affect where you get acne.

Edited by chunkylard