Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy123

Accutane Lawsuit

The link doesn't work for me but Roche says the recommended course should be for 6 months. It's not their fault a dermatologist prescribes it for 9 years.

I also find it hard to believe the dude won a case based on 9 years of chronic therapy... Maybe it is a typo and they mean't 9 years post therapy? either way the side effects he has now are pretty common.

It seems like if he took it for 9 years straight, then it wouldn't be Roche's fault. I don't think they recommend that kind of treatment period.

And how on earth did they prove that Accutane cause inflammatory bowel disease? obviously there are other things that cause it, so how can you say it was specifically accutane that caused it?

Nine years?! Hardly Roches fault, taking almost any medicine daily for nine years would probably cause something severe...

I also find it hard to believe the dude won a case based on 9 years of chronic therapy... Maybe it is a typo and they mean't 9 years post therapy? either way the side effects he has now are pretty common.

They're not pretty common. They are quite uncommon, actually. This board lends itself to a biased sample size.

They're not pretty common. They are quite uncommon, actually. This board lends itself to a biased sample size.

No honestly you would be suprised. Remember the degree of IBS is WIDE, i know a few people personally who have trouble with IBS after accutane.

No honestly you would be suprised. Remember the degree of IBS is WIDE, i know a few people personally who have trouble with IBS after accutane.

ALL of the people I know who have IBS never even sniffed Accutane and were never even in the same room with it. As I am a nurse, I have known many people with IBS.

Ok, but my point being i know young fit people who had it kick in shortly after a course of accutane.

How common is that, though? Should I be worried? I'm on 60mg/day.

Ok, but my point being i know young fit people who had it kick in shortly after a course of accutane.

How common is that, though? Should I be worried? I'm on 60mg/day.

Not common but it is a risk.