Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Acne related to body size?

I was just thinking about acne and weight and I just realized that I rarely see people that are of larger size with acne? Most of the people I see with acne are fairly to really skinny? Is there anything to this or is it just a coincidence.

I was just thinking about acne and weight and I just realized that I rarely see people that are of larger size with acne? Most of the people I see with acne are fairly to really skinny? Is there anything to this or is it just a coincidence.

Just a coincidence in your life. I seen lots and lots of overweight and obese people with acne. And I also saw skinny people with acne.

I have definately noticed this.

When I think of people i know who don't take care of their health well, I can put them into two categories with almost no exceptions - they're either overweight OR have acne.

sometimes i really wish i were just overweight instead.. but then, i would not be able to accept that either.

NO correlation that I've seen. I have seen equal numbers of overweight persons with acne as underweight or normal with acne.

Do muscular people also tend to get acne as much or is it just the plain skinny/malnourished people?

Nope. When I was skinny, I had nonstop acne. Now that I am huge, acne is rare and when it comes, it goes fast. Like it will appear one day and the next day it will already be gone. I think it has to do with all the stuff I take for bodybuilding though ;)

I might be Wolverine from the X-Men! :D

Do muscular people also tend to get acne as much or is it just the plain skinny/malnourished people?

Nope. When I was skinny, I had nonstop acne. Now that I am huge, acne is rare and when it comes, it goes fast. Like it will appear one day and the next day it will already be gone. I think it has to do with all the stuff I take for bodybuilding though ;)

Huge ? what's your stats ?

Huge ? what's your stats ?

6'0" 200lbs. 300lbs+ squat, 435lbs+ deadlift, 250lbs+ bench.

Yeah the people I have seen with the worst acne are always on the slim side. I see some medium sized people with acne, but I have never in my life seen a very overweight person with lots of acne.

It's funny though, there have been a ton of threads about this idea, and some people will always come in and say they haven't seen any correlation. I don't know, it could be some sort of geographical thing. But on a whole, I have always seen more people mention that skinnier people have more acne.

I like Marrakech's idea about testosterone and estrogen. There are also a lot of other ideas that could explain it too, like digestion problems, malabsorption, "fast" metabolisms, etc.

Ive always wondered about this as i have only ever seen skinny people with acne. Never have i once seen someone who is overweight have acne.