Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deanar

Unusual scar

Hi, I just had a cyst removed from my neck about 1 month or so ago. The doctor used dissolvable stitches seeing as the cyst wasnt infected. 30 or so days later, a sort of unusal scar has developed where sort of a nice straight cut appears on one side of the scar and at the other end of the wound it feels like a sort of lump or cyst still exists there. The doctor ASSURED me that all the contents of the cyst was taken out and he said it will remain lumpy for a while but after 1 month it still feels lumpy on one end. I went to the doctor twice to have them take a look at the scar and they just said it was a hair follicle trying to come out of the side where it was a lumpy. I am not sure if it is still the dissolvable stitches or the doctor may have used a rather deep cut to remove the cyst. Usually a cut or scar takes a while to heal which I understand but this does look a little bit unusual. I suppose my cyst was ruptured which means that it will take quite a while to heal but it does look a little bit unusal. I am thinking of getting a 2nd opinion from another doctor. Or the question is should I wait and see what it does? :-k