Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClaraLoassa

Around 40 new pimples at once - WTF?!

UGH.

Okay so my skin was doing alright, getting very dry and horrible on the regimen though so I decided to take a break. I just washed my face with Cetaphil as always and decided to skip the BP lotion for a night because it was drying me out so much. Instead, I did the "Cleanse/Tone/Moisturize" thing I always hear about. I used a Clean&Clear toner with Salicylic Acid in it.

BIG MISTAKE.

Woke up yesterday with, I counted, 40 new pimples. 40. They're not huge - in fact they're all very tiny little pustule looking things. Cheeks, chin, around the mouth, forehead, nose, between the eyes..everywhere.

They're itchy and bumpy and horrible and I seriously don't know what to do. Should I stop using products on my face to avoid irritating them? Should I slather on the BP?

I'm dying here. HELP!!

Maybe you had an allergic reaction to one of the new products that you used? Going without BP can mess your skin up, but I've never heard of it messing up your skin that bad in one night, so I don't know if it was just going without BP that did it. For treatment, I would do lots of BP and moisturizer, both to treat and help the itcheness. If it gets REALLY bad, maybe some cortizone, very thin layer? (anti itch cream)

Toner gave you a reaction, kind of the same thing happened to me once. Slather on the BP and moisturize using an oil-free moisturizer if your skin gets dry after the BP.

I never thought that effect could happen overnight either. It's insane how sensitive my skin is to this crap. It must be the Clean&Clear stuff...I always have bad luck with toner (so I'm an idiot for trying again!)

At least they're not huge pimples, they're so small..but my god they're everywhere.

I had that problem just a few weeks ago, for some reason my skin decided to rebel with what felt like hundreds of tiny bumps. Not terribly visible, but they made my skin look so rough and uneven. For me, that's more maddening than a cyst. I took a deep breath and decided that I needed to tighten the reins on my regimen. It's helping.

yea, i know the feeling, like i said the same kinda thing happened to me. try using the BP, or u can slather on some honey all over your face. that will moisturize it and take away some redness. then slather on that BP