Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ouioui

how deep can fraxel go?

im curious if anyone knows how deep into the dermis fraxel or any other laser can go. its occurred to me why i may not be seeing much improvement in my scarring and that is the depth of the treatments ive had. if we were to compare treatments we would ideally want the one that can go deepest, remove the scars, and still be safe. i know that dermabrasion for example can safely go half way through the dermis. if scars remain afterwards that is because they are deeper than dermabrasion can go. so what about fraxel and what about lasers? can they go deeper than that? if not then theres not going to be any improvement in the deeper scarring no matter the treatment. i dont understand microns or laser terms so if anyone can talk to me in terms of the dermis it would be great

fraxel can go pretty deep but i don't think it's necessarily how deep a laser can go, scars are made up of scar tissue so if they don't break up the scar tissue, it doesn't really matter how deep they go, the scars will still be there. you need something that will break up the scar tissue and something that goes deep, so you might need a combination of something

im curious if anyone knows how deep into the dermis fraxel or any other laser can go. its occurred to me why i may not be seeing much improvement in my scarring and that is the depth of the treatments ive had. if we were to compare treatments we would ideally want the one that can go deepest, remove the scars, and still be safe. i know that dermabrasion for example can safely go half way through the dermis. if scars remain afterwards that is because they are deeper than dermabrasion can go. so what about fraxel and what about lasers? can they go deeper than that? if not then theres not going to be any improvement in the deeper scarring no matter the treatment. i dont understand microns or laser terms so if anyone can talk to me in terms of the dermis it would be great

I had 5 Fraxels done 3 years ago and got a modest (Maybe 30%) overall improvement to the scaring. There is a new much strong fraxel laser called FRAXel repair which uses an ablative c02 laser. this goes MUCH deeper then the older Fraxel and you only do ONE treatment. Ihave not done this one yet. There is a new thread on this site so I suggest you check it out regarding the Newer Much stronger Fraxel

someone posted all the lasers depths in the main fraxel thread. has every fractional laser by thr differnt makers and their depth