Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Choppa

Has anyone used Aloe Vera?

I've been reading about how Aloe Vera is used to cure all sorts of things and figured it might help with scarring. I did some quick scouring on the web and saw some sites that said it can help, so I picked up some of this and have been using it for a few days.

aloe2bottles.jpg

According to website reviews, it's not really 100% Aloe Vera, but there are some good reviews on Amazon for it so I figured I would give it a shot since it only cost me like $2.00. If it doesn't work then I'll try getting some aloe vera that is more pure.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using it and what their experience has been like? Thanks in advance for any responses.

I've been reading about how Aloe Vera is used to cure all sorts of things and figured it might help with scarring. I did some quick scouring on the web and saw some sites that said it can help, so I picked up some of this and have been using it for a few days.

aloe2bottles.jpg

According to website reviews, it's not really 100% Aloe Vera, but there are some good reviews on Amazon for it so I figured I would give it a shot since it only cost me like $2.00. If it doesn't work then I'll try getting some aloe vera that is more pure.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using it and what their experience has been like? Thanks in advance for any responses.

I used it for about 2-3 months. I noticed a difference only if the scar/red mark was new, but I didn't really see a difference on the old scars.

It doesn't "cure" red spots, it just cools irritation, so red spots appear softer... if you get Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera then u get some anti-oxidants in it (vitamin E "tocopherol acetate" and A "retinyl palmitate"), which help healing and creation of new collagen

In all honesty it doesnt really do much. I have used it frquently for months now on and off. I feel it cools the skin and may form a sort of seal (like a plaster) which can aid healing of new/recent tramautized skin areas.

In my experience...It speeds healing up a little bit and it can help tone freshly popped pimples/red marks faster than they normally would...It's nice because it never breaks you out and does do something, though it's usually not much.

A lot of the time I'm worried to try new products b/c they may have initial breakouts that will leave me with new red/brown marks but with natural products like aloe vera and jojoba oil, despite them not always being effective for everyone, at the same time they rarely break people out.

I actually have this other burn on my skin from something else and it sounds like aloe vera might help that. Is Lily of the Dessert a recommended product?

HEy there,

I tried aloe vera, and...it helps during the first few days ( maybe i'm seeing things)

but nop, being a red mark sufferer myself, i don't see any difference in using it to cure the redness.

I think aloe vera is better on wounds or insect bites. but not on red marks.

hope tht helps!