Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kriszti

Anyone else with children? (Or want them?)

Do you worry that your kid(s) will inherit acne from you? I have a 2 y/o son and he is completely and utterly adorable. In addition to many other weightier things, I also hope/pray that he doesn't end up with crappy skin like me or his dad (who is pretty clear now, but wasn't in his teens and 20's.) Anyone else feel this way?

I plan on having children, hopefully in the next couple of years. I worry about acne, too, although the hubby doesn't have it, so with luck they'll wind up with his genetics.

Do you worry that your kid(s) will inherit acne from you? I have a 2 y/o son and he is completely and utterly adorable. In addition to many other weightier things, I also hope/pray that he doesn't end up with crappy skin like me or his dad (who is pretty clear now, but wasn't in his teens and 20's.) Anyone else feel this way?

I don't want kids but I don't think you should not want to have kids just because you don't want them to have acne. Think of it this way: If they happen to have acne at least they will have caring parents who understand the condition and will know what to do if and when they get it.

I don't want kids but I don't think you should not want to have kids just because you don't want them to have acne. Think of it this way: If they happen to have acne at least they will have caring parents who understand the condition and will know what to do if and when they get it.

I presume when you say "you should not want to have kids just because you don't want them to have acne.. . . " you're not referring to me, as I already have a child and am trying to have another. ;) And to clarify, I wasn't asking if people are using the fear of offspring getting acne as a criterion for having or not having kids. I was just wondering if people who have or want kids have any concerns about their children or future offspring developing acne when they are older.

I presume when you say "you should not want to have kids just because you don't want them to have acne.. . . " you're not referring to me, as I already have a child and am trying to have another. ;) And to clarify, I wasn't asking if people are using the fear of offspring getting acne as a criterion for having or not having kids. I was just wondering if people who have or want kids have any concerns about their children or future offspring developing acne when they are older.

I'm so so so so so dumb. Sorry!

No, you're not dumb. I mis-read people's posts more times that I'd like to admit. ;) BTW- you're so not gross either. What's up with the name? :unsure:

Ehh...it builds character.

To some extent, I agree with that, much like the oft-quoted Nietzsche saying. Although when I look back at the less-than-pleasant things in my life that have built my character, I don't know if I would list acne as one of them. :think: Sadly, it has had a more negative impact in my life (at least in my teens and 20's) that I would like to admit.

No, you're not dumb. I mis-read people's posts more times that I'd like to admit. ;) BTW- you're so not gross either. What's up with the name? :lol:

LOL yes that was a major, major mis-read on my part. I have no idea how I did that. In my eyes, I am gross :lol: especially because when I made this username I was in the middle of a whitehead issue.

Guest kiwikali

my parents never had it, so i got lucky and was landed with acne!! YAY! but it's so mild that i really wouldn't call it acne, just PMS breakouts. i really want to have two little girls when i'm in my mid 20's after being married for a couple years, and i want to raise them where i grew up in irvine, CA. i have it allll planned out :D now i just have to find a husband.... lol.

Sure I'll have kids....I need some offers though. Heh nah kids cost 250k each, I don't have that kind of money to spend on such rat bags! :P

I've got one daughter and it breaks my heart to see her getting acne. I'm really hoping it's just hormonal and will calm down when she's done with puberty.

There are other things to consider when having kids other than acne. They make you worried, angry, happy, sad, amazed, and frustrated all at the same time, they cost a lot of money, suck up all of your time, they're always asking questions you won't know the answer to, and make you cry when they get hurt. To be able to do all of that is pure evil! ;)

I've got one daughter and it breaks my heart to see her getting acne. I'm really hoping it's just hormonal and will calm down when she's done with puberty.

There are other things to consider when having kids other than acne. They make you worried, angry, happy, sad, amazed, and frustrated all at the same time, they cost a lot of money, suck up all of your time, they're always asking questions you won't know the answer to, and make you cry when they get hurt. To be able to do all of that is pure evil! ;)

I assume that you have it as well, based on your siggy. How is she handling having it?

I have two kids, boys ages 7 and 4. The youngest has rosacea already, broken caps all over his face, so I did pass that on to him. My older son already has what looks like some non-inflamed clogged pores on his nose and chin, and he is only 8.

I don't feel bad for having kids and possibly passing it on to them, as both my parents had/have flawless skin and I got acne anyway. It's just the luck of the draw I guess.

I plan on having kids sometime in the future.. but at this age right now I think I am quite content being without.

Although I do fear that acne genetics will flare up in any offspring I have, I think that they should be strong-willed enough to work their way through it!

At least I hope they will be!

I can't wait for kids so I can train them to be the best people ever to walk this planet. I got big plans! :D

I have two children, 5 and 2. My parents didn't have acne, one of my sisters and I both have pretty mild acne but we're PICKERS. I worry about passing on poor mental health more than acne. I'm so bummed about my gross face right now and my kids might have a better life if I weren't so depressed and messed up. (They have active lives and are happy, but I still know it could be better)