Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
x_ShAy

Mandelic Acid Help

I've benn using NuCelle Mandelic Serum 10% faithfully for 2 months nd a half. My skin feels better but my acne is worse than its even been. I mean the initial breakout is only supposed to last the first month. I dont know if I should stop or if its too early to tell. My skin is flaky and it hurts. Please helpme or write down yor advice. Thanks

It's possible that the product isn't enough by itself to fight your acne. Or perhaps it's just not the right product for you.

I don't really understand from your post what condition your skin is in. It feels better ..... but it's flaky and hurts, and your acne is worse? That doesn't make sense to me. What is it that feels better?

It's possible that the product isn't enough by itself to fight your acne. Or perhaps it's just not the right product for you.

I don't really understand from your post what condition your skin is in. It feels better ..... but it's flaky and hurts, and your acne is worse? That doesn't make sense to me. What is it that feels better?

I mean like it feels better to the touch as in its not an oil slick anymore and feels smooth when i touch it but in the mirror its flaky and my acne well...last week out of nowhere after a really big breakout the right side of my face was completly clean. not one active spot. Then this week again i broke out...Idk i dont stop because sometimes it starts clearing up out of nowhere and i feel like its working but then i break out again...ahhh =[[

I'm not sure exactly what advice to give in your case .... but if you feel like you've made progress with this product, I'd stick with it awhile longer.

The thing is, the 10% NuCelle is not really a very strong product. A 15% serum would be more effective against the acne ... but if you are still having trouble with flakiness using 10%, I'm reluctant to advise using something stronger. :confused:

And if the product does seem to be helping, I think it's best to stick with it rather than switch to something entirely different.

But if things start getting worse, or you stop feeling like you're making progress -- then you might want to consider something else ... a retinoid, perhaps. Are you seeing a dermatologist at all?

No im not seeing a dermatologist. A while ago though maybe about 2 or 3 years ago I went to the doctor and she prescribed me differin, which made my acne really mild, to the point where i could stop wearing makeup but it didnt fully get rid of it and i stopped having the money for the prescription and appointment and the medication itself is pretty expensive. I've heard it takes a while for your skin to get used to a completely new regimen so im trying really hard to stick with this but i just dont understand how this is working. Last week my cheek was COMPLETELY clear, for the first time since I was 9 years old! But this week im all broke out again, idk if it was the nucelle or just a lucky week?

When I began the regimen it was moderate with many redmarks and a few scars. Another thing about the nucelle is it diminished my redmarks as well as my scars. Acne not too much though.Now its still moderate and VERY persistent.

Very frustrating!

Since Differin worked pretty well for you in the past, my inclination would be to try adding a retinoid to your routine. Trouble is, it sounds like cost is an issue, and the good OTC retinoids are not cheap. Green Cream runs $40-$50 per bottle, and a bottle lasts about a month.

You might take a look at the Jan Marini products (www.janmarini.com). I am pretty sure they have one that combines a retinoid with an AHA (glycolic acid, I think). I don't know what the pricing is, but it would probably be cheaper than buying two separate products. Diacneal by Avene also combines a retinoid with glycolic.