Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kelsie123

Very disappointed with Cosmeticville's service.

Hi all,

I've been using green cream for a couple of months and am loving it. I was ordering from Cosmeticville because from what I could tell they had the cheapest shipping rate. I just received a bottle that I cannot for the life of me get to work. I tried everything in the instructions. I sent them an email stating this and requesting a new bottle asap so my skin doesn't have to go through another adjustment period. At first they were polite, but when it became clear that I did not want to wait to send my bottle back and receive another, it became clear that they did not care about keeping me as a customer. I am very upset right now and just wanted to give out a warning that this company doesn't seem to care too much about keeping their customers happy.

* I posted the letters as they happened.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:58 PM

Subject: Questions from Customer

Name: Kelsie Kent

Email: [email protected]

Subject: Product Question

I've ordered two bottles of green cream level six from you. The first bottle was great, but I cannot get the second bottle to dispense the product. I have had lots of success so far, and my skin has adapted to it. I do not want to have to go through this adaptation period again, so I need a replacement for it asap. Looking forward to hearing from you,

Kelsie Kent

Cosmeticville wrote:

> Hi,

>

> There are instructions on how to get the pump restarted in the the

> instruction booklet that comes with the Green Cream. It is a common

> but easily fixed problem. Here's a link to the FAQ page for Green

> Cream that also gives the instructions on how to restart the pump. It

> is the first question on the list. Thank you

> http://www.cosmeticville.com/green-cream.html

>

>

> Regards,

> Customer Service

> Cosmeticville

> http://www.cosmeticville.com

To: Cosmeticville

Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 11:40 PM

Subject: Re: Green Cream

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I tried that several times and it didn't work. I looked at the little bead and it isn't perfectly round. It looks like there's a dent in it. I don't know what else to do, the product just won't come out.

Kelsie

Cosmeticville wrote:

> Hi,

> We have had a person in the past say that they couldn't get the

> pump restarted and then we were able to restart it once they returned

> it. They didn't shake it vigorously enough. You might need to repeat

> the instructions a few times and put some force behind it. If it still

> doesn't work you can return it and if we are not able to start it we

> will send you a replacement. If we are able to restart it easily, we

> can give you a refund minus the original shipping fee. If the bottle

> is found to be defective, we will send a replacement and refund the

> return shipping. Did you poke the little ball where the product

> dispenses? Some people damage the little ball when they are not able

> to dispense the product and it ruins the packaging. Unfortunately, we can't just send a replacement to Canada because we haven't seen a case where the pump wasn't able to get restarted yet. If you would like our return address let us know. Thank you

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:45 AM

Hi,

Well I tried it several times the way you said and I shook it as

vigorously as I could to no avail. No, I didn't poke the little ball or mess around with the bottle in any way. Like I said in my previous

email, the ball doesn't look perfectly round, it looks like there's a

dent in it. I do not want a refund, I want another bottle of green

cream. I am not trying to steal a free bottle of the product I am trying to be consistent with this so that my skin does not start to

deteriorate, and so my skin doesn't have to get used to the product

again. I'm not sure if you know much about green cream, but in the green cream community it's been said that if you stop using it for a week you will need to recondition your skin to it again. What I'm requesting is that you send me a new bottle of green cream, with the packaging and stamp to send the old bottle back. When I receive my green cream, I will then send the other bottle back to you. This is a simple solution that can work for both of us, and I will be extremely disappointed and unimpressed if you can't work with me on this. You have my credit card number and billing information, so even if I don't send the product back in a reasonable time frame you can bill me for the new bottle. I know I've only bought from you're website twice, but I was going to keep coming to you because you had the best shipping price. I am very happy with the product and am planning on using it in the long term, but I am willing to pay more in shipping if it means better service. I will continue the try the product until I hear back from you. Thank you for your time,

Kelsie Kent

Cosmeticville wrote:

We are sure that you are very honest and want to help you but we need to receive the bottle back. We do not send out replacements before receiving the return. When you pay with PayPal, we do not have access to your credit card number. You can return the item and if it is found to be defective, we will issue you a full refund or a replacement. We will reimburse you for the amount paid to ship it back if it is defective. If the bottle is not defective, we will issue you a refund minus the original shipping fee. If you don't want to be without the product, you can order another bottle now. We can issue the credit of the return, once we receive it, to the new order. Please use the original shipping method or similar to return the item. Thank you for your understanding.

Cosmeticville

PO Box 5514

Eureka CA 95502

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:59 PM

Hi again,

I'm not sure you understand what I have told you. The skin needs to

adapt itself to the retinol and I have been very patient in allowing my skin to get used to this product. If I send you the product and have to wait for a new bottle then all the progress I have made will go down the drain. The bottle YOU sent me does not distribute the product, believe me I have tried. I paid for a product that I cannot use and you are insisting that we deal with it on your terms? I am appalled at the way your company deals with customers. What could have been an inconvenient situation is now a lost customer. I hate to do this, but I will be posting every one of these emails on several web sites where I know people shop from you. I'd also like to know who I have been dealing with this whole time. Has it been the same person or several people? I would like these emails to be sent to your supervisor, as I do not believe you are handling the situation very well. I await your response,

Kelsie Kent

Cosmeticville wrote:

We will reimburse you for the return shipping if the item is defective. Once we receive the return, we will issue you a credit or replacement. If you don't want to wait for the return item to be received, you can order a Level 6 now. We will issue you the credit to that order including shipping once we have received the return. Thank you

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:50 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately for both of us you have no interest in keeping me as a customer. I will be sending my green cream back and awaiting another, but by no means am I ordering from you again. You have lost what would have been a long term customer. You have also lost some potential customers because I will be telling every single person that has been asking me about green cream about this. I will also be posting all this on the green cream community and any other website I see fit. I would like to hear from your supervisor.

Kelsie Kent

^ That was the last letter and I haven't received a response. Notice how at no point in this communication do I get a name for who I'm dealing with. Also notice that both my request to hear from a supervisor and also my request to know who I'm talking to are ignored. I am not a happy camper right now. The more the letters went on the shorter their responses were. Either the company really doesn't care about losing customers or they need to take a look at their employees. No matter what I will not be shopping through them again, but I just wanted to post this for others to see.

This is the response they just sent me. This galls me because I feel I have been very reasonable. Still my request to hear from a supervisor is ignored. I am not trying to be negative, I am just stating the truth. If they think that's negative then they're right. It makes them look bad.

We are offering you reimbursement for the return shipping if the item is defective. We are going to give you a replacement or credit of your choice. That is our return policy. You will not be losing any money. It is unfortunate that you will be posting negative things on boards when we have offered you reimbursement of shipping fees and a replacement or credit upon the return of the item. We have been trying to be helpful and reasonable and the negative comments are unwarranted. We gave you an option to get your item now and credit the order once we receive the return so you would not be without product for very long. We are very sorry that you do not find this acceptable.

This is what I wrote back:

Hi again,

I think we've established that I will be receiving reimbursement and also that I will not be shopping from you again. I've asked twice now to hear from a supervisor and to my knowledge that has not happened. I have not felt like I have been helped at all. Your company was unwilling to work with me on this, and telling others about it is not unwarranted. You're right about one thing though, it shines a negative light on your company. I do not want to hear from you again unless it's from a supervisor. I will be sending back the product shortly.

Kelsie Kent

Please return item via the same or similar shipping method as you received and we will reimburse your shipping fees once received. Thank you

^This is their reply to my last email. AGAIN my request to hear from a supervisor is just ignored. They don't even mention it, just ignore it completely. I'm not going to bother writing back because it's all been said.

*Sorry if it's confusing I made a few different posts on the gc community and this is just the whole thing.

I think ProActic and these people must be cousins. my dad calls up ProActiv and says " I do not want anymore of your product charged to my card and sent to my house".

2 weeks later we get a box of ProActiv and they refuse to take it back saying "It's past 30 days"

Oh well, at least it worked. Terrible TERRIBLE service.