Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kate1123

Acne and Caffine

I was wondering if anyone here that drinks or drank caffinated beverages saw much of a coorilation between the two. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what I eat but I do try to eat fairly healthy, however I drink way too much caffine and I am trying to cut it out of my diet. IT IS SO HARD! I get horrible headaches and get tired much earlier in the day, but I keep telling myself it will benifit my skin. :confused: Has anyone else seen results from reducing caffine from thier diet?? Any help or advice would be greatly appriciated!

Too much caffeine is bad in general, so use in moderation. But as far as acne is concerned: caffeine reduces insulin sensitivity, promoting insulin resistance, a primary cause of acne for many people. I avoid it since learning this.

A little caffeine now and then won't kill ya. I can't make it through work without a cup of coffee. However, if you are the point where you get headaches if you DON"T consume caffeine, you are consuming too much. The headaches mean you are physically addicted. Caffeine has been shown to exacerbate insulin resistance. It is my guess that caffeine would only break someone out whose diet is already full of starches and refined sugar. The caffeine could be enough to push someone over the threshold and cause breakouts especially in these people. So it can break you out if you consume too much of it. It isn't a major cause of acne, but if you already have acne, it would likely make it a slightly worse case. Obviously it is best not to consume the stuff, but if you must it is best to get it from natural sources like coffee and tea as opposed to pills and soda. Natural drinks like coffee and tea at least come bundled with antioxidants and may offset some (but most likely not all) of the damage associated with caffeine intake. Artificial drinks do not.

IT IS SO HARD!

..that's what she said.

For me, NO CAFFEINE HELPED ME A TONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.!!!!

Hmm, this leads me into a discovery..

Ever since I started drinking Monster Energy in I believe November of 2004 (freshman year), my skin was so fucked up by March. I would have 1-5 monsters a week, Java chips fraps from starbucks before lacrosse practices in Jan-May (50-100grams of sugar), I would test try every other energy drinks, and I continued drinking them until I stopped energy drinks in November of 2006. GUESS WHAT! I GOT CLEARER. And not that I gave up coffee during last school year (unless I needed to be up late) my face was getting better!!! Maybe, I need a no-stimulant diet, including excluding sugar.!!!

coffee affects your hormones. i had two cups of coffee and i had jawline cystic acne alllll because of that. very dumb on my part.

So far i have been avoiding soda and fast food and it helped me 100% with my back acne as i get literally no more acne on my back from depriving myself of those 2 things... It was kinda hard the first week but easily achievable.