Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi everyone :)

first of all id like to say this mostly goes out to girls and cosmetic stuff yeah. So anyway im using bear minerals foundation its a powder foundation and is suposively good for the skin. its really pretty and makes me glow i like it a lot but i still have a lot of acne i dont think i ha as much acne before i used it and i dont wanna stop using it. Im not sure if its just me or the cosmetics that are causing me to break out. Does anyone else use this foundation? do u break out a lot?

i use proactive solution did it work for u? or not? or yeah this are just alll the things i use and they dont seem to help so if im doin sumthin wrong or using crappy stuff let me no

i also need help with my picking, popping, squeezing zit/pimple habbits so if u have any methods that helped you in those areas it would be a big help if u could share

idk what else to do :shrug:

thanks so much, the depressed 14 yr old :cry:

Hey. I'm not using any of those products. I am using another kind of mineral powder which is like a foundation. I noticed I started getting bumps when I used it because it made my face look so good I started putting it everywhere. Oh well, I'll deal with the bumps when I've gotten some of these deep pimples out of the way.

I'm 13 so I can so relate to what your going through! It sucks because I hate swimming because my makeup comes off and I hate being anywhere where I can't touch up the makeup. ARG! Best of luck!

hi everyone :)

first of all id like to say this mostly goes out to girls and cosmetic stuff yeah. So anyway im using bear minerals foundation its a powder foundation and is suposively good for the skin. its really pretty and makes me glow i like it a lot but i still have a lot of acne i dont think i ha as much acne before i used it and i dont wanna stop using it. Im not sure if its just me or the cosmetics that are causing me to break out. Does anyone else use this foundation? do u break out a lot?

i use proactive solution did it work for u? or not? or yeah this are just alll the things i use and they dont seem to help so if im doin sumthin wrong or using crappy stuff let me no

i also need help with my picking, popping, squeezing zit/pimple habbits so if u have any methods that helped you in those areas it would be a big help if u could share

idk what else to do :shrug:

thanks so much, the depressed 14 yr old :cry:

Hi! I totally feel you. I first started getting really bad acne when I was 13-14 (now I am 21). I tried EVERYTHING including proactive, and it didn't work for me. But everyone is so different that it's hard to say if it will or won't work for you. If you just started, give it time to start working. The only thing I noticed with it, is that when I used the toner after washing my face, dirt came off- almost like the face wash didn't do anything. But again, that might have just been me!

I am using Bare Minerals right now, and with me if I use too much it irritates my skin and causes me to break out. I try to put on a good layer of moisturizer/sunscreen and while my face is still slightly damp I apply a thin layer of powder. I also wash my brush A LOT to make sure it doesn't build up gunk and bacteria.

When it comes to popping and squeezing, well, it's so hard not to! But when I had acne really bad, and even now when I break out, I just don't look in the mirror. Not in a negative way mind you, but if I don't see something to pop, I won't pop it. Plus, if I constantly look at my breakout it just seems worse and worse and it gets more and more depressing. Eventually as I go about my day I forget about my breakout since I can't see it.

I know it totally sucks, but your acne always seems worse than it is. Just remember that good friends don't care about that kind of stuff, and good people don't either. There will always be the jerks out there making fun or saying mean things, but that happens to everyone- not just people with acne. Through my many years battling acne I have found that it is possible to be happy and go out and have fun. It's all in your mindset. It took me a long time to realize that I have to just accept the things I can't change right away so I can still enjoy the time I have here.

If you ever need to rant or just talk or whatever, feel free to PM me! And good luck with your skin!

Guest kiwikali

omg omg!! bare minerals is SHIT! i'm serious, that stuff is nasty. "mineral" foundation is just an advertising ploy to get you to think you're wearing makeup good for your skin. and yes they probably do have some minerals, but the chemicals are still there, and for us who have acne , all those mineral oils will just bother our skin. ugh. i hate mineral makeup with a passion. i'm a smashbox primer and foundation girl for life!

omg omg!! bare minerals is SHIT! i'm serious, that stuff is nasty. "mineral" foundation is just an advertising ploy to get you to think you're wearing makeup good for your skin. and yes they probably do have some minerals, but the chemicals are still there, and for us who have acne , all those mineral oils will just bother our skin. ugh. i hate mineral makeup with a passion. i'm a smashbox primer and foundation girl for life!

Bare Minerals is shit, but mineral makeup is not. This person has no idea what they're talking about and may want to consider doing even the most basic research before making idiotic claims. There is no mineral oil in mineral makeup.

Mineral makeup is noncomedogenic for most people (though a rare few experience breakouts). Unlike most makeup, the ingredients in mineral makeup are inorganic and bacteria and microbes can't live in it and infect the skin. A lot of liquid makeup contains oils, which is problematic for women with oily skin. Mineral makeup does not contain any oils. Many mineral makeup lines have no perfumes, talc, alcohol, dyes, mineral oil or preservatives.

The reason Bare Minerals is shit is because it's ridiculously overpriced and they put a cheap filler in their makeup called bismuth oxychloride. It makes your skin itchy, can clog your pores, and makes your skin look really shiny. Try Everyday Minerals instead.

Bare Minerals is shit, but mineral makeup is not. This person has no idea what they're talking about and may want to consider doing even the most basic research before making idiotic claims. There is no mineral oil in mineral makeup.

Mineral makeup is noncomedogenic for most people (though a rare few experience breakouts). Unlike most makeup, the ingredients in mineral makeup are inorganic and bacteria and microbes can't live in it and infect the skin. A lot of liquid makeup contains oils, which is problematic for women with oily skin. Mineral makeup does not contain any oils. Many mineral makeup lines have no perfumes, talc, alcohol, dyes, mineral oil or preservatives.

The reason Bare Minerals is shit is because it's ridiculously overpriced and they put a cheap filler in their makeup called bismuth oxychloride. It makes your skin itchy, can clog your pores, and makes your skin look really shiny. Try Everyday Minerals instead.

Agreed. Also, one of the reasons mineral makeup is good for acne prone skin is that it should have very few ingredients. Be wary of mineral makeup that has more than 4 or 5 ingredients. Everyday Minerals, for example, I believe only has 4. Therefore, there is a) less of a chance something will irritate your skin, and b) if something does, it is easily identified.