Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When you were born you didn't have a choice. You didn't choose your parents or your genetics. You got acne and felt miserable about it and wished it would go away and why it was you that had it when everyone around you seemed to not have the faintest clue as to what you were really going through.

It was not your fault you got ance or the chocolate or the "Freedom Fries" you ate, it was your gentetics. Your parents had the genetic code that gave you acne. YOU have it too and can give it to YOUR kids, if you have them. My friends, the only real CURE for acne is to not make another generation that will suffer from it.

Acne is the main reason I don't plan to have kids. Why would I knowingly want to put another generation through what I went through? Acne is something I would only wish on my worst enemy and I wouldn't want to put an innocent child, MY child through it. I hope I can put some insight into your minds to think about this. This is the only REAL hope to stopping acne.

Please tell me what you think. :think:

1. There are effective treatments for acne nowadays.

2. Acne is not 100% guaranteed to affect your children if you have had it (no-one in my family has ever had acne as far back as I have looked).

3. If I did have kids and they developed acne, I would know exactly what to do and the damage caused by it would be minimal compared to what it could be without the knowledge we have now.

I can understand your perspective, not wanting your children to go through what you have suffered, but honestly. "This is the only REAL hope to stopping acne." Are you trying to create a master race like Hitler did...lol? I think I would choose to be alive WITH acne than not have an opportunity to live at all.

what the fuck is wrong with you. maybe fat people shouldnt have kids so thier kids dont end up fat. maybe men with male pattern baldness shouldnt have kids cause thier kids cant get it. maybe stupid people shouldnt have kids so thier kids dont have a hard time in this competitive ass world. maybe you should shut up. :dry:

When you were born you didn't have a choice. You didn't choose your parents or your genetics. You got acne and felt miserable about it and wished it would go away and why it was you that had it when everyone around you seemed to not have the faintest clue as to what you were really going through.

It was not your fault you got ance or the chocolate or the "Freedom Fries" you ate, it was your gentetics. Your parents had the genetic code that gave you acne. YOU have it too and can give it to YOUR kids, if you have them. My friends, the only real CURE for acne is to not make another generation that will suffer from it.

Acne is the main reason I don't plan to have kids. Why would I knowingly want to put another generation through what I went through? Acne is something I would only wish on my worst enemy and I wouldn't want to put an innocent child, MY child through it. I hope I can put some insight into your minds to think about this. This is the only REAL hope to stopping acne.

Please tell me what you think. :think:

hey is your choice is not on me to impose my ideas on you but even so there's no definitive study that shows your child will develop acne if both parents had acne .

Well... I understand where you're coming from, but even just looking at acne from an adaptation/maladaptation point of view, it's such a minor part of an individual's life, when taken into consideration amongst all other genetic factors that can be handed down, that most people would think it'd actually be a waste to not have kids just because of acne.

Because think about the possibilities. Your child may have the acne gene, but he/she may also have photographic memory, extremely high logical intellect, be very healthy (as in no other congenital/genetic disorders), be very good with his/her hands, etc...

So, may basic point is, in terms of society, even if you have a child who has acne, it's going to be such a minor thing if he/she ends up being the next Eisntein, Yo-Yo Ma, or even Britney Spears!

I know celebrities may not be our favorite examples, but imagine if Britney's, Christina's, or any other one of those acne-suffering teen-queens' (or have been) parents decided not to have them because they were afraid of passing on acne. What great chunk of contribution to the entertainment industry we would've missed!

Same for science/literature/art, etc... See what I mean? I mean, yes, your child may go through acne, but like everyone's saying, by then, they'll probably have a very nice treatment for it, AND your child may end up doing so many other great things that cutting out ALL of those possibilities just for acne is such a waste.

I mean, you have aspects of your life that you enjoy, despite the fact that you have acne, right? Some things in life that you'd never want to give up? I think it's the same for everyone (unless you're somehow eternally trapped in a room of mirrors for your whole life or something... quite improbable).

Guest kiwikali

live your life no matter how much pain you are in... if you want to have children then have them! and when the time comes and they may or may not break out, help them through it because you know what it feels like to grow through a pain like that. and with all the medicines and pills and naturaly remedies we've all tried, you will know what works and what doesn't. acne is trivial no matter how much of a big deal it seems like. personally, i would rather worry about my children inheriting things from me like anorexia or the strong family history of cancer, or i won't make enough money to put them through college, or i won't be a good enough mother. these are the things we should be thinking about, not acne. ACNE. where did this terrible disease come from, a disease so strong and painful to our emotional health that it can make us feel like we don't want to have children for fear of giving it to them. i hope you overcome this problem, because the gift of life and the joy of having children of your own should be much stronger then the painful struggle of acne.

I watched a show that featured the life of a family of little people (It was a reality show). And I thought "why did those parents (they were both dwarves) choose to have children and pass on their genes? Why would the parents let their children go through what they had gone through? I don't know the answer, but I'm happy that they did.

Also, why do people in poverty still choose to have children? I go by the street sometimes and I see a big family living in a run-down house made of tinfoil and plywood. Their children will live in poverty anyway. WHy do they still do it? (Hopefully not for the sex lol) but seriously, I think its what you have been given and the experience of being a parent and bringing a new life in the world. I dont know why either.

im blank

I watched a show that featured the life of a family of little people (It was a reality show). And I thought "why did those parents (they were both dwarves) choose to have children and pass on their genes? Why would the parents let their children go through what they had gone through? I don't know the answer, but I'm happy that they did.

Also, why do people in poverty still choose to have children? I go by the street sometimes and I see a big family living in a run-down house made of tinfoil and plywood. Their children will live in poverty anyway. WHy do they still do it? (Hopefully not for the sex lol) but seriously, I think its what you have been given and the experience of being a parent and bringing a new life in the world. I dont know why either.

im blank

A part of it is just nature. Every animal is programmed to have as many offspring as possible before dying. If animals weren't programmed like that, then they'd offset the equation of natural selection, and would all be extinct.

Of course, humans being "higher, more conscious" beings, it's hard to apply the same logic, but I wouldn't rule out the fact that even humans are genetically programmed to get enjoyment and pleasure from sex (which was programmed so that sex would be enjoyable, so that it would be done more often, and thus lead to bearing more offspring).

It's kind of like the society of today is placing anti-natural constraints on humans. A few hundred years ago, it'd be your best bet to pop out as many kids as possible, but today, we all know that there are multiple factors like income level, education, etc. that come into play (which aren't "natural" by nature's standards). So, despite the reins that society places on people, I suppose a lot of them just can't overcome that genetic programming (I mean, it's almost amazing how nearly every human being says that he or she would like to have kids before they die; they answer a "yes" without even really thinking about it).

Also, I'm not pointing any fingers, but there HAVE been cases in the U.S. (and still are very many) where very poverty-struck families will purposely have more children, since for every child, they get a substantial supporting government fund. I have personally known a lady who had 6 children, just because each child was able to get her more money per month (just by existing).

On the other hand, as far as the people with genetic disorders... Yeah, if we were to follow natural selection, those people would've been disfavored by nature in reproduction, and thus not replicate their genes... But like I said, our society is anti-natural selection. As conscious beings, we (humans) actually go as far as HELPING those who are disfavored by nature. We have special education for mentally retarded students, we have special services for the physically disabled, we treat the sick, etc.

Humans have made it a value and a virtue for every person, regardless of whether they have been naturally disadvantaged or not, to get the same rights as everyone else (or at least come close). And that's why, if you look at it that way, those "disadvantaged" people may think that choosing not to have children could almost be offensive, since that would be like saying that they admit that their disadvantage is very bad and shouldn't get the same rights as everyone else.

Anyhow, this could go on forever, but just wanted to add some interesting insight ^^

There isn't a "genetic code" per se for acne. Especially as acne has a bacterial element to it as well. The fact is it probably depends on a vast number of different genetic factors.

I've had some really really shitty times due to acne but I've also had some amazing times from just being here. The fact I've had acne means if I have kids and they get acne then I'll be there 100% of the time for them and help them get through it.

Yeah for thousands of years anyone who develops any acne should be neutered!

You have some great ideas =\ either that or you could procreate and take your dam kid to the derm....

Look a lot of you are wrong, acne is caused mainly by genetics. Thats why some people get it and some people don't. But that doesn't mean its a 100% chance you will too. Two blue eyed people can make a brown eyed baby. This was suppose to be people with hardcore severe acne, not people with a few fuckin zits. People with acne should just adopt babies like a little cambodian or zambian boy like angelina jolie does. And yes not having kids would cure acne forever!!!

There'll never be a "cure" for acne. NEVER. Imagine if the first ever acne product you used worked, you would've stoped buying products right there. But of coarse it didnt and you spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on more stuff. Its all a scam to milk desperate people. SPREAD THE WORD!!! btw Fraxel is BULLSHIT. pardon my french.

You're not going to have kids because you're afraid they'll get acne? Seriously. Seriously? If that's the case, you probably shouldn't have kids either way.

My kids will have 50% chance of getting cancer, but there's no way I'm letting that get in the way.

I still plan on having kids, someday. This isn't the way out of acne. One is supposed to face their problems, not just ignore them.

I hope you aren't saying it's you're parents fault you have acne.

I don't think your plan is right. Our earliest progenitors didn't have acne and they didn't marry some alien that did.

Look a lot of you are wrong, acne is caused mainly by genetics. Thats why some people get it and some people don't. But that doesn't mean its a 100% chance you will too. Two blue eyed people can make a brown eyed baby. This was suppose to be people with hardcore severe acne, not people with a few fuckin zits. People with acne should just adopt babies like a little cambodian or zambian boy like angelina jolie does. And yes not having kids would cure acne forever!!!

There'll never be a "cure" for acne. NEVER. Imagine if the first ever acne product you used worked, you would've stoped buying products right there. But of coarse it didnt and you spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on more stuff. Its all a scam to milk desperate people. SPREAD THE WORD!!! btw Fraxel is BULLSHIT. pardon my french.

You're an idiot.

Guest kiwikali

holy fuck

you're not going to have kids because of ACNE???

honestly, that is pathetic, i'm sorry, but it is... because you are letting acne take over your way of life and win. having kids is the most rewarding and amazing thing that you can experience, and acne shouldn't interfere with starting a family of your own. this topic is ridiculous.

total :bs: