Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hkrxz

I need new meds

Okay I currently take minocycline...It worked the first time around, then all my bacne just came back worse. Now I've upped it to a higher dose of minocycline, and it's still getting worse. My mom and the doc want me to take Accutane. I really don't want to but I said I would because I feel like I have no other choice. The risks and side effects really worry me, like alot. Are there any meds that do the same thing as Accutane, but with less severe side effects? PS. I'm only 13.

You can suffer some mild side effects with a low chance of serious side effects or be miserable for the rest of your teenage years. Your choice though lol.

You can suffer some mild side effects with a low chance of serious side effects or be miserable for the rest of your teenage years. Your choice though lol.

I don't get what your saying.

I would go for it buddy. You don't wanna be like most people here that had to deal with acne through the most important years of their lives (socially). You have a rare opportunity to nip it in the bud now.

Go for accutane. The only worry I have is that you are quite young, which could stunt your growth a tiny bit. If your acne is bad, then get accutane.