Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there!

For some time now, I have been following an non-diary diet, hoping that it would reduce my acne that is centrered around my mouth. I still eat some cheese and yoghurt, but I stay away from milk and ice-cream.

A while ago, I heard that a non-diary diet was effective, but that it was completely fine to consume the organic diary, as it didn't have the same effect on your hormones that non-organic diary have. I could not get this confirmed at the place where I heard it, and I would therefore like to ask here, at the world largest (?) acne-forum :):

Can I consume organic diary, and still expect the same effect as I can when keeping away from any form of diary?

PS. I am Danish, and there might be some errors in my text. I apologize if it is not readable.

organic dairy wont have ADDED hormones but it will still have hormones naturally found in milk. Im not sure if it is the hormones so much as the lactose and casein that cause people problems. I can not tolerate pasteurized milk but I can drink raw milk. I have heard others say the same as well. Perhaps try to find a good source of organic,grass-fed raw milk. Unfortunatley milk is one of the biggest problems for people here(or at least so they think), so you may be better off avoiding it all together.

Organic dairy is better than conventional dairy, to be sure, but it will most likely be just as bad for your acne as conventional.

The biggest factor for whether or not dairy will affect your acne is if it's pasteurized or raw. Pasteurized, homogenized milk eaten with cereal every day will be very hard to digest compared to raw milk on its own. I'm not sure about the Danish laws, but if you can get your hands on organic, raw milk, then I would definitely give it a try.

Can I consume organic diary, and still expect the same effect as I can when keeping away from any form of diary?

Maybe. You have to try it. People also tend to be less intolerant of milk/cheese from goats or sheep.

Thank you very much for the answers! I think I will give it a try, seeing as I miss my milk very much, and then see what effect that has on my skin.

Hey there!

For some time now, I have been following an non-diary diet, hoping that it would reduce my acne that is centrered around my mouth. I still eat some cheese and yoghurt, but I stay away from milk and ice-cream.

A while ago, I heard that a non-diary diet was effective, but that it was completely fine to consume the organic diary, as it didn't have the same effect on your hormones that non-organic diary have. I could not get this confirmed at the place where I heard it, and I would therefore like to ask here, at the world largest (?) acne-forum :) :

PS. I am Danish, and there might be some errors in my text. I apologize if it is not readable.

Ive tried that and I have had the same affects as regular dairy. Organic dairy will not make a difference. Dairy is dairy. I recommend almond milk

Hey there!

A while ago, I heard that a non-diary diet was effective, but that it was completely fine to consume the organic diary, as it didn't have the same effect on your hormones that non-organic diary have. I could not get this confirmed at the place where I heard it, and I would therefore like to ask here, at the world largest (?) acne-forum :):

I'd just like to ask how long have you been on this dairy free diet? And more to the point have you seen any improvement in your acne?

Hey there!

A while ago, I heard that a non-diary diet was effective, but that it was completely fine to consume the organic diary, as it didn't have the same effect on your hormones that non-organic diary have. I could not get this confirmed at the place where I heard it, and I would therefore like to ask here, at the world largest (?) acne-forum :) :

Ive tried that and I have had the same affects as regular dairy. Organic dairy will not make a difference. Dairy is dairy. I recommend almond milk

if i could find Unsweetened Almond breeze milk.. ;/ only saw regular.. which has sugars

\

I love almond butter , so almond milk should be even better

I'd just like to ask how long have you been on this dairy free diet? And more to the point have you seen any improvement in your acne?

I have been on the diet since April, and have seen great improvement. Where I used to have cysts regularly, I now, I only have cysts after eating ice-cream, butter or such, og having had a lot of sugar in a short period.

You can say that I have reduced my severe acne to a mild acne, where my biggest problem right now is scars and whiteheads.

Thank you for the advice everybody, I will continue with my diet then, and try to find alternative ways to get something milk-like :)

I wouldn't advise cheese, I read somewhere it is an inflammation food. I agree organic would probably at least be better.

And your language was better than a lot of people's on this forum ;)