Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been going to this website for a few months now and have tried many of peoples ideas top help clear up my skin. I do not have awful skin but the problem is these zits that have their own zip code get larger than life and stay there for months. Sure I can cover them with coverup and they cover well but they are just sooo big you can see them no matter what I do. I have tried alot of products and yes including Proactiv which EVERYONE with out acne asks me..nothing works. My dermatologist suggested Accutane as a last and final resort so here I am jumping through all the hoops of trying to get this medication and I hope it works I cannot live anymore with these stinking pimples. It's so emabarrasing to not live a normal life like camping or swimming without having to worry about making sure I wash my face and ALWAYS have makeup on. It is a huge dig on my self esteem and makes me feel awful about myself. I cannot wait for the 30 days to be over and start this medication..

I'll keep a log of my journey and include before and after pics..

I started my firsst dose today, 40 mg. I am nervous about it getting worse before it gets better. I know in the end it is worth it but geez no more pimples..lol Has anyone heard that when you have mild acne it tends to just get better and the cystic acne is when it gets worse before it gets better?

I started my firsst dose today, 40 mg. I am nervous about it getting worse before it gets better. I know in the end it is worth it but geez no more pimples..lol Has anyone heard that when you have mild acne it tends to just get better and the cystic acne is when it gets worse before it gets better?

I haven't heard this. I barely had any acne on my face before accutane. However, the acne I did have on my face was cystic. I'm on accutane due to my back which is mostly all cystic. Never got an initial breakout on my face. In fact my face cleared immediately after the first pill. I can't really answer if cystic gets worse because my back before accutane was having world war III. Unfortunately im in 2 months and it still is having a nuclear war. I think it has actually gotten worse. But it could also be my expectations were so high in the first 2 months that I think it's worse when it's actually better.