Notifications
Clear all

Rolling scars

MemberMember
(@cmt21)

Posted : 06/24/2008 4:14 pm

My dermatologist told me that i have rolling scars on my cheeks from acne and i was just wondering if anybody has had or has rolling scars and what kind of treatment you have gotten done.

thanks 😉

MemberMember
(@resurectionisneeded)

Posted : 06/24/2008 11:42 pm

not tca cross.. fraxel is good for rolling scars.. you can also try a roll kit also which is similar to frax

MemberMember
(@lacon22s)

Posted : 06/25/2008 1:54 am

no fraxel isn't good for rolling scars unless they're very shallow

MemberMember
(@naitch)

Posted : 06/25/2008 3:00 am

No, they are.

MemberMember
(@ronronnie)

Posted : 06/25/2008 8:17 am

I have/had rolling scars on my cheeks.

The thing that "worked" for me was subcision followed by a dermal filler.

I had subscion twice, but I get fillers now (Perlane/resty) maybe once every 18 months or so.

I love it. My scars were totally deep, totally depressing. The thing is is that once I had my first subcision and filler (old fashion bovine collagen at that time) my scars lifted up about 50% permanantly. The scar on my right cheek was the deepest, ugliest one, and after only one or two treatments (honestly can't remember; circa 2002) it has NEVER come back.

I think people with scars should experiment with treatments. Find what works best for you, but don't be fooled into paying for things that obviously don't work. Or even worse, things that will scar you further.

I'm happy with my skin now. It used to be I wouldn't leave the house, but now I never even think about my "scars" anymore. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lacon22s)

Posted : 06/25/2008 3:40 pm

No, they are.

well say what you want but i've had 5 fraxels done and didn't do anything for my moderate rolling scars, just the shallow

MemberMember
(@semolina-pilchard)

Posted : 06/27/2008 5:14 pm

hi ronronnie- if you get a chance, would you mind sharing a little about how the initial subcision with filler was performed?

i've had subcision and fillers separately but would like to have them done in conjuntion to get some more mileage out of the subcision this time- and my derm isn't familiar with that practice.

do they literally just inject the same areas directly following the subcision procedure or do they wait a few days until after the initial healing period?

i'd just like to get my dr. to do this and not f it up. :)

or if anyone else has had this done and could shed a little light on the process, that'd be awesome and much appreciated too.

MemberMember
(@toodanghot)

Posted : 01/29/2014 4:50 pm

Hi I had subsicion done 3 weeks ago and I was immediately impressed. First I'm in austin Texas and Sanova dermatologys dr Mamalak did the subsicion then added filler. After two days I could remove dressing and see the holes filling in. After a week the bruising and needle marks were almost gone. Now the swelling is all gone and I can feel collagen growing I where subcision was done. The filler gives a good base to help plump up deep rolling scars or tethered scars .. I would do it again and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner as now I don't feel like the shut in I was becoming. Good luck

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/31/2014 1:09 pm

Hi I had subsicion done 3 weeks ago and I was immediately impressed. First I'm in austin Texas and Sanova dermatologys dr Mamalak did the subsicion then added filler. After two days I could remove dressing and see the holes filling in. After a week the bruising and needle marks were almost gone. Now the swelling is all gone and I can feel collagen growing I where subcision was done. The filler gives a good base to help plump up deep rolling scars or tethered scars .. I would do it again and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner as now I don't feel like the shut in I was becoming. Good luck

How much did you pay_

MemberMember
(@toodanghot)

Posted : 01/31/2014 7:29 pm

I paid about 700.00 ...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/31/2014 7:35 pm

For both subcision and fillers? that's pretty good! The whole face?