Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blastingpot

Electric Shaver Recommendations

Hello everyone.

I have been using a Remington Microscreen 3 electric shaver for a couple years now and I am noticing that I am starting to get a lot more ingrown hairs and irritation on my face and neck. I would say that 95% of the acne I get now is where I normally shave. I have a feeling my shaver has something to do with this and it is probably time to find a new one.

Thus, I am in the market for a new electric shaver and I was wondering if some of you might have some recommendations for a shaver that won't cause ingrown hairs and won't irritate my skin as much.

Thanks for your help!

you may find a 2 blade disposal better as it provides minimal irritation compared to electric, its recommended by Dan, i use a natural shaving cream aswell

Yeh i would agree that 2 Blade razor is the way forward, The Gillete Sensor Excel is king. I havent had any razor burns since using it and Dan recommends it to.

Also bit of topic but 1ycon can you buy ur shaving cream from lush online by anychance ?

Im looking for a natural shaving cream. Cheers.

Electric shavers suck unless you have a really busy schedule and need to shave while driving or something. But just use a Gillette Fusion.

If you notice that most of the acne you get is in the area you shave, you could always... not shave. That may not be an option for some people's careers or whatever but hey, what's worse, a beard or inflamed skin? Although I shave, so look who's talking.

I tried an electric shaver and it messed up my face. Lots of small bumps everywhere...plus shaving took like 45 minutes because while an electric shaver takes away 95% of hair really fast, you will be left with a lot of random hairs everywhere, which take forever to get...

I use a 2 blade Gillete Sensor Excel now.