Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going to be my best friends maid of honor on July 20. My skin has a really bad texture to it at the moment b/c of past breakouts and the fact that I'm on Tazorac, which consistently makes my skin kinda bumpy and my pores WAY more noticeable (just added in ACV to help). My problem is obviously going to be make-up during the wedding and reception.

For the past few months I've been using minerals, but all they do is emphasize my large pores and oiliness (grrX100), and sometimes it can cause me to break out. So, I need something that will disguise my large pores, mask my oiliness, and cover existing red marks...with little to no touch-ups.

Any suggestions on brands or products I should use?

{(BTW, I'm REALLY nervous! You'd be helping me in more ways than one!)}

Try doing a honey mask. its supposed to soothe and moisturize skin without clogging pores. it helps to restore it.

Try doing a honey mask. its supposed to soothe and moisturize skin without clogging pores. it helps to restore it.

I believe I tried that a month or so ago and it broke me out. I have uber sensitive skin, meh...Thanks anyway though. ^ ^

For the oil problem you could try blotting sheets (Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Everyday Minerals), or even Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying Powder (I haven't personally used it, but I've read good reviews on it).

For the oil problem you could try blotting sheets (Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Everyday Minerals), or even Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying Powder (I haven't personally used it, but I've read good reviews on it).

K, those sound promising. I'll try a couple of them out. I've also been reading up on make-up primers...any good ones out there?

hmmm you might try MAC makeup, maybe you can go get them to do your makeup just to see how it wears. And the blotting sheets are a must, we had them at my friends wedding a couple of weeks ago (of course I had no need for them since I'm on accutane)

Oooh, sounds scary. I've never been out of the house w/o doing my own make-up. Yes, I have issues...lol. I'll look into Mac. I've heard great (& some not so great things) about it, but mostly that it's fabulous for "big events" b/c of it's wear. It's a must-try.

I really like origins reflection perfection mattifying foundation. I have oily skin with large pores and used to have some dark redmarks. It gave me great coverage with an even, smooth look and didn't get greasy on me (I always have to blot, but it wasn't so bad). It also doesn't look "heavy". Best liquid makeup I've used yet. It doesn't make me break out either.

I normally use Everyday Minerals, but I keep this stuff around for when I want an even more flawless look. I use my EM foundation as a powder to set it.

If you're after heavy coverage, go for Dermablend with a setting powder. You can get matched at the store (Ulta, etc) and they might even show you how to use it. It's heavy duty and thick, so you'll likely want to wash it off right when you're finished with it. I tried it on my hand (of course) and it felt just fine, not irritating at all.

For makeup I of course like Everyday Minerals, but I also use Physician's Formula liquid mineral makeup and absolutely love the coverage, feel, and texture of the look. I wore it with EDM as a setting powder one evening and it stayed natural-looking all 9+ hours of work!

Try a primer like monistat anti-chafing gel. you can also experiment with applying it on top of make up to fill in scars.

Another thing that is supposed to be very good for oily skin is a layer of milk of magnesia. I haven't tried it because my skin was no longer oily when I heard of it. But even Paula Begoun recommends it.