Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jmoon

Am I using too many products?

My cheeks and forehead have been breaking out out of nowhere for the past four months. I use a variety of products now, you can see my regimen below. is it too much?

Also, since I have darker skin, no matter if i touch my pimples or not i always get dark spots left behind. I heard lemon and honey help with that so i use the mask at night, and add some egg white. I have sensitive skin so are any of my products making me break out more?

Also, does anyone have any ideas how I can make the dark marks go away, or prevent the pimple from becoming one?

thanks!

Neutrogena Wave

PanOxyl BP 5% wash

Acne Free Toner (alcohol/witch hazel based)

5% BP cream

Night:

Baking Soda scrub

Honey, Lemon, Egg White Mask

PanOxyl BP 5% wash

Acne Free Toner (alcohol/witch hazel based)

5% BP cream

I dunno, I use about four products in the morning, due to proactive having so many steps.

I have to do a exfoliation wash every morning, then I do another wash with another wash product, then I tone or depending on the day i'll do the refinning mask first. Then comes the repairing day lotiong. Then I have to apply an oil controling product because my skin gets very shiny. Then comes the moustiriser which is a green tea one. Then a concealer to cover red marks until they heal.

Same at night except for concealer and oil control product.

I guess to be honest, it depends on if your skin can tolerate as many products as you are using. Try taking one or two out and see what happens.

By the way, can you feel any irritation on your face at any time before you break out, if so apply an ice cube to that area, because it will probably help stop the breakout before it is to far gone.

I think you're defintely using more products. Try to cut it down to just Cleanser, BP, Moisturizer (since this is the mild & moderate forum and Accutane is for severe acne) Most home made remedies are bull, I wouldn't waste my time on them, sorry. Also check your diet.

Well im going to cut out the neutrogena wave and the baking soda. Im replacing the baking soda with an oat scrub as an exfoliator because it is less irritating than the baking soda. I like using these because they are natural and exfoliate well, from what i hear.

I drink tons of water and eat really well. My main problem now is PIH thats why I do the egg white, lemon and honey mask.

My skin is really oily so I need to wash during the day, which kills me cause it washes off the BP, and i dont want to apply BP 3 times in one day.

I read somwhere that adding lemon and sugar to the oats make it work better, as an exfoliator. Adding water just makes it mushy.