Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fleur6

Month-Old Cysts...bleh.

Hello,

I've had 6 cysts on my chin for about a month and have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them... Icing, heating, Zeno-ing, Aspirin spot-treatment, lots and lots of BP... nothing seems to work.

...and just when I think they're starting to go away and flatten out, they seem to get inflamed and large again.

Do you think it's too late to go to the doctor and ask for a cortisone shot to get rid of them once and for all? Is it still possible to get a shot with old cysts such as these?

Also, has anyone ever had a shot from their GP, rather than a derm? If I had to wait for a derm, it could take another couple months (as I live in a rather small-ish city in Canada...)

Thanks for your help!

I have only had a derm do my shots. I hate how long the cyst hangs around also. I hate it when I think one has flattened out and then I hit it with the phone or something and then it is huge.

The cortisone might indeed work for you. I've had a whopper of a cyst for about a month now...3 cortisone shots did nothing to it. So...I just bought the Zeno...you and I are having a reverse treatment regime, I tried cortisone 1st, no avail, you tried Zino, nothing....good luck with the shot. I hope it works the first time!