Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technoir

BP Face Wash + Benzaclin

What are your opinions on washing my face with a face wash that contains BP and using Benzaclin afterwards (which also contains BP). Would that be an overkill and possibly irritate my skin?

I think that might be overkill. benzaclin can do the job on its own. I would recommend cetaphil daily facial cleanser for a face wash, it is just a basic soap but cleanses very well and doesn't overdry. I just started benzaclin for the third time in my life tonight (always had good results in the past but for some reason discontinued... probably because of cost). I expect I'll be very pleased with this product again, as will you! best of luck.

minocycline and benzaclin have worked miracles for me and a friend of mine. i'm pretty sure you won't need to use a face wash with BP. just use a gentle face wash like stated above and apply the benzaclin morning and night after you wash.

It's not overkill. I use a BP wash and put on persa gel after, which is a 5% bp cream and it had cleared me up alot.

Thanks for the replies.

The problem is, I think my body as developed an immunity to Clindamycin. Benzaclin worked really well for the first couple of months, but lately I can't tolerate even the littlest amount. So I've switched to a BP face wash and discontinued the use of Benzaclin altogether. I can already see a difference.

Question: Once your body develops an immunity, is it possible for the body to lose the immunity? Meaning can I go back on Benzaclin later down the road and have positive results once again?

Thanks.