Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jalzoo

My Derm has confused me!

Hey guys..

I went to my derm last week got my perscription for Accutane YEY!.. BUT.. he told me i had to make an appointment to get a blood test ( Why couldnt he do it?) That threw me off a bit.. So i made the appointment and i had my blood test this morning.. I cant really remember what he said about the results of the blood test.. I think he told me that if i dont hear anything from him then i can start taking the accutane.. but im not 100% sure about that and i dont want to take it without knowing for sure my derm has assest my blood test results.. and that its 100% safe for me to start?.. Did any other people here get there results?. Or were you told the same as me?. How long did it take before you got your blood test results?.

Any replies would be really apreciated..

I started without confirmation of my blood tests. I don't think they'll let you continue very long if they aren't good.. so I doubt theres much harm in starting. On the other hand, Accutane is about a 6 mo process so its not like waiting a few extra days will kill ya.

My blood was taken in the office... the doc called me the next morning told me my results were good and they have updated my results in ipledge. I have to go on ipledge and answer questions first because of the whole pregnancy thing with girls and accutane, then i go get my script... i do this everymonth in the same order. you could always call the docs office to make sure you are good to go.

Hey guys..

I went to my derm last week got my perscription for Accutane YEY!.. BUT.. he told me i had to make an appointment to get a blood test ( Why couldnt he do it?) That threw me off a bit.. So i made the appointment and i had my blood test this morning.. I cant really remember what he said about the results of the blood test.. I think he told me that if i dont hear anything from him then i can start taking the accutane.. but im not 100% sure about that and i dont want to take it without knowing for sure my derm has assest my blood test results.. and that its 100% safe for me to start?.. Did any other people here get there results?. Or were you told the same as me?. How long did it take before you got your blood test results?.

Any replies would be really apreciated..

Your derm should get the blood test results. Wait 1-2 days after your blood test then call your derm to verify--he should have the results sent to him.