Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
614joe

Before steps of Tane. LOST?

Yes my 1st derm. app. was today, shes starting me on Accutane.

she gave me the iPLEDGE thingy and told me everything.,

BUT my dad talks alot while in there and got all confused and im confused.

*sooo she said i need my blood work taken, which im gettin taken July 10th at a blood draw place.

after that my dad got lost when we left we were driving trying to figure out what gose on after that

we remember something about July 17th. we THINK thats when were susposed to go back to the Derm. and get the prescription for the Tane, Right??

because shes trying to get me on it as fast as she can. and i remember her saying something about im starting it the 17th i think.

SOO would you guys think its safe to say call and make the next derm. app. for July 17th?

because after the blood work at some place they send it somewhere and so on? so thats a week time laps from blood draw to app. soooo yea? or do you think my mom should call and ask lol.

because we NEVER been to a Derm. before so were all lost, and 1st Derm. check up i got Ipledge booklet and everything lol.

its like a fast moving relationship right now it seems. ex. just met a girl and wants to get married in a couple weeks lol. just met the derm 1st time and all this is going on at a fast pace

Yes my 1st derm. app. was today, shes starting me on Accutane.

she gave me the iPLEDGE thingy and told me everything.,

BUT my dad talks alot while in there and got all confused and im confused.

*sooo she said i need my blood work taken, which im gettin taken July 10th at a blood draw place.

after that my dad got lost when we left we were driving trying to figure out what gose on after that

we remember something about July 17th. we THINK thats when were susposed to go back to the Derm. and get the prescription for the Tane, Right??

because shes trying to get me on it as fast as she can. and i remember her saying something about im starting it the 17th i think.

SOO would you guys think its safe to say call and make the next derm. app. for July 17th?

because after the blood work at some place they send it somewhere and so on? so thats a week time laps from blood draw to app. soooo yea? or do you think my mom should call and ask lol.

because we NEVER been to a Derm. before so were all lost, and 1st Derm. check up i got Ipledge booklet and everything lol.

its like a fast moving relationship right now it seems. ex. just met a girl and wants to get married in a couple weeks lol. just met the derm 1st time and all this is going on at a fast pace

It all depends. On the back of the iPledge booklet it lists all the steps you need to take before getting your first pills. If you are a girl, it's alot more complicated. After a blood test, the blood test lab will sent in your results to your derm in 1-2 days and then your derm has to clear your blood test results. If he passes you, you are required to be on two forms of birth control for 1 month before starting accutane I believe and then you can get your prescription. If you cannot bear children, you can your prescription of Accutane right after the blood test results are cleared. Hope that clears things up.

Probly get your blood drawn on the 10th, and the derm might have estimated a week for results. If you are setup on ipledge already, you probably won't have to go back in.

i got a blood test first once that came back fine. they got me set up in ipledge..then i had to wait 1 month go back for another blood test, that was all good they updated my info in ipledge, i answered the questions on ipledge then went to the pharmacy and got my meds..

you gotta answer the ipledge questions every month before you are able to get the script but you cant answer them until your doc puts in your test results.

so i dont confuse anyone ill put it in order. :)

every month you get a blood test, wait for the doc to update in ipledge, answer your questions, get your meds.

Kelli, isent it different for boys and girls?

i asked my doc. about the 1month wait when i was in there, she said there is a 1month per. which to get your pills but after the blood tests and some other stuff i can get my meds, and shes giving em to me in like 2 weeks, JJuly 17 i think? and she said after that i just see her once a month for blood tests and thats it... i dont kno,... ill have my mommy talk to her lol.

thanks to the other people who posted

Axsuull; my ipledge thing isent really a booklet, it looks like a magizeen but isent it (i think its the new ipledge things), and there isent anything on the back, but in it it has a check list

but the before treatment is a little quick and short, so it dont say much that helps me lol

first check is plan, well i didnt plan any of it she just talked it with me, the talking was the second check so yea lol. and the rest i got, the ID card, there tear outs in the booklet thingy. but it says i need my password on the check list which it says i get in the mail? my derm. didnt tell me anything about that she just did a quick over view of what Tane is...

lol for some reason i dont know if i like Dermatoligists. there to quick with things

i believe it is different.. i dont think boys gotta wait a month after there first blood test. girls gotta wait to make sure they arent pregnant. i wasnt sure whether or not you were a male or female because i havent been to your profile. so i just put in what i had to do to get mine.

Now i see your name is joe but i didnt notice it before. :)