Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using proactiv to help with my acne. While the size of my blemishes has reduced greatly, I still get new blemishes daily. While they go away quicker, the fact that I'm still getting new blemishes daily makes me unhappy with the product.

However, my question is: Proactiv contains 2.5% BP. If the product used in the regimine is 2.5% BP, how would it work any better for me than Proactiv has?

I'm interested in the regimine, but am unsure of the difference between it and something like proactiv when they contain the same amount of BP.

Thanks for any advice

I've been using proactiv to help with my acne. While the size of my blemishes has reduced greatly, I still get new blemishes daily. While they go away quicker, the fact that I'm still getting new blemishes daily makes me unhappy with the product.

However, my question is: Proactiv contains 2.5% BP. If the product used in the regimine is 2.5% BP, how would it work any better for me than Proactiv has?

I'm interested in the regimine, but am unsure of the difference between it and something like proactiv when they contain the same amount of BP.

Thanks for any advice

I just joined and use proactiv. I wonder the exact same thing. Anybody got any comments?

I don't use Dan's regimen, but the two are definitely different.

Proactiv:

1. Cleanse with the Proactiv scrubby cleanser

2. Tone

3. "Repair" (BP)

Dan's Regimen:

1. Cleanse with a gentle cleanser with no BP or SA

2. BP

3. Moisturize

As you may be able to see, I prefer the Dan's method, rather than the crap that is Proactiv.

I have used proactive and it never really worked that well for me. Dans seems to be doing a great job and I have only been using it a week. Dans cleanser is definitely gentle and if I remember right proactive cleanser was kind of rough. You don't use a toner with dans and proactive says you should only use about a dime of their BP lotion.

Also if you did apply your proactive BP like you did dans you would run out fast.

You only get 2 oz of BP lotion while you get 8 with dans and I think the gel is better for application purposes.