Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everybody.

I got moderate acne, sometimes a bit more, and am 22 yo.

The problem is the following... When I wake up on morning, my face is really smooth, clean, and have a pure look. It looks like child skin and it s really nice.

But as soon as I put water (not cleanser, just water) on it, it starts to be painful, the blemishes seems to pop out of my skin (they look flat when I wake up), the scars seems to be more visible, and my macules and red marks become darker. And last but not least, my skin become really painful. I mean... real pain.

I wash it with Polaar shine control gentle cleanser. It is a very good product, a bit expensive but very good. But even if it s only water, I encounter the problem. I don't rub my face, just splash cool water, then use a cotton pad to put the cleanser.

I have the same symptoms after a nap : if i take a midday nap, after it my skin will look really smooth and pure. But when I put water, it starts to be bad.

Any idea ?

There's a possibility that your water you're washing your face with is considered "hard water". Your skin type and hard water may not be such a great combination. I could be totally wrong.

I'd do a little experiment. Wash your face with water from a water bottle. See what happens. Wash your face with water from the tap, see what happens. See if the burning is still the same, or if there's any discrepancies.

It's probably your water or you have some sort of allergy. I have lots of allergies and usually when I get my skin wet they tend to get a bit worse and my skin gets blotchy and irritated. If you have hard water, that can make your skin even worse.