Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girlhunter

A word of advice from a youngster to you Adult!

I'm a 17 year old teen who had acne for 4 years. Like most of you, it was genetic. Therefor, it wasn't because I'm a teen or eat greasy foods, like many of you.

I am not over-rating Accutane when I say that it cures acne. Please try it. I understand how you adult feel having acne for this long, since I had it too, and my mom & dad suffered greatly from acne. Since it is a genetic problem nothing else will "cure" it, you can hide the outside with makeup, make it improve with harsh creams that will irritate your face, facials that will leave you scars/marks, with antibiotics that in the long end will have worst side-effects than Accutane.

I understand the majority who haven't taken Accutane is because they are afraid of the side-effects, but dont be GO FOR IT! Say Fuck acne and do it for me, please Have any of you seen the before & after images of people with succesful stories in the Accutane gallery? They are not artists who get 1 pimple, they are people who had as much acne, or worst than yours, and got it cleared.

THIS IS NOT A FLUKE!I know after seeing the convincing Proactiv commercial on television and being dissapointed you might be skeptical to give accutane a try, but dont take my word for it, try out out yourself. EVEN THE OWN WEBMASTER OF THIS WEBSITE ACKNOWLEDGES WHAT CLEARED HIS BACK CYSTIC ACNE WAS ACCUTANE. More than 2 million people have been cleared by Accutane. 60% by life. 90% for 2 years HUNDREAD PERCENT clear. The other 10% get clear in a second course. Even if it comes back, is the best option you have, Accutane is the mother of acne medications, if acne bothers you enough to even be on this boards, then do this for your life! Its never too late!

People have some excuses:

1. Sideeffects- Please understand that if 1 person starts getting bald because of his genes, but he is accutane, he will blame it on Accutane! It doesnt mean it will happen. Chances of this are 1/2,000,000. All I got was basic stuff nosebleeds, chapped lips. You do more damage to your liver by taking antibiotics on a daily basis for the rest of your life, rather than this pill for 6 months.

2. Money- Im sure most people on this board have wasted more money in acne in their lives than they will on Accutane. I'm also aware that you guys are adults, and should have a job and earn money.

3. Not getting it- Accutane isnt only for cystic/nodular acne, but also for moderate acne that has persisted throughout the years, and hasn't responded well to other treatments, and keeps coming back.

Accutane literallyshrinks your oil glands. Gives you vitamin A, vitamin of the skin, etc. It attacks acne in so many ways, it knocks it out. Stop applying creams (chimics) to your face. Stop submitting yourselves to harsh diets and not enjoying life. Take Accutane.

Dan himself states his Regimen is for moderate acne at best. It's what he uses to stay clear and Im sure it got him clear, after accutane had helped him first.

If anyone has a question of Acutane, please feel free to PM me.

I had severe acne. 2 courses of accutane did absolutely nothing for me except give me chapped lips. It didn't even work temporarily like it does for so many people.

Supplements like zinc, C, and a B-complex made my skin a lot less oily. Then easy diet changes cleared me completely.

I had severe acne. 2 courses of accutane did absolutely nothing for me except give me chapped lips. It didn't even work temporarily like it does for so many people.

Supplements like zinc, C, and a B-complex made my skin a lot less oily. Then easy diet changes cleared me completely.

Sad. Atleast you got cured. Unlike popular belief (even my old derm sayed it didnt affect) you are living proof that diet does affect acne. I have more proof because of the nurse of my derm. She got cured on a diet too. It's been clinically proven that dairy can cause acne because too many hormones. So i cut those in addition to eating veggies & fruits to my regimen + wash my face + Accutane (just too end it for good). I'm curious though, what dosage were you on and for how long each?

Some of us can't take accutane bacause of medical reasons.

I see. Maybe you can do a diet then like the person above? Or does your medical reasons don't let you either? I strongly do feel those 2 are the strongest approches to acne.

Im on Accutane and I love it. I was scared to try it as well and contemplated it for years... I wish I would of done it then. I feel great the only thing I have is chapped lips but its worth it. Trust me its worth a shot.

I responded to something similar that you posted on another thread. I think it is great that you want to encourage those people who may benefit from Accutane, but are afraid to try it. Your heart is definitely in the right place. No doubt about it. However, please don't assume that everyone who has been on Accutane has had the same results as you (and, not to be a total party pooper, but don't be too certain of your results yet either. You're young and your body has lots of lovely hormonal changes in store for you still.) I am scared to admit it, but I've had ance longer than you've been alive. :redface: I am one of many people on here who have been on MULTIPLE courses of Accutane (among other tried and true prescription treatments) and it didn't clear me out completely. I'll admit, it definitely got rid of the cystic crap, but I still have moderate female hormonal acne that seems to respond best to spironolactone and BCP (neither of which I can take at this time.) In any case, I do not want to offend you and I don't want to discourage you from spreading the news on how helpful Accutane has been to you. You're experience is just that, it is yours and you can share it with whomever you please. Just realize that a lot of us have already "been there and done that." ;)

I responded to something similar that you posted on another thread. I think it is great that you want to encourage those people who may benefit from Accutane, but are afraid to try it. Your heart is definitely in the right place. No doubt about it. However, please don't assume that everyone who has been on Accutane has had the same results as you (and, not to be a total party pooper, but don't be too certain of your results yet either. You're young and your body has lots of lovely hormonal changes in store for you still.) I am scared to admit it, but I've had ance longer than you've been alive. :redface: I am one of many people on here who have been on MULTIPLE courses of Accutane (among other tried and true prescription treatments) and it didn't clear me out completely. I'll admit, it definitely got rid of the cystic crap, but I still have moderate female hormonal acne that seems to respond best to spironolactone and BCP (neither of which I can take at this time.) In any case, I do not want to offend you and I don't want to discourage you from spreading the news on how helpful Accutane has been to you. You're experience is just that, it is yours and you can share it with whomever you please. Just realize that a lot of us have already "been there and done that." ;)

None taken. However, have you tried a BIG & im talking BIG diet change? I'm not sure if you have, but I am almost sure you have atleast stopped eating foods that break you out, but the nurse of my derm told me she had very very bad acne and now she has gorgeous skin because of her strict diet. She's basically a vegetarian now tons of veggies & fruits. She even has fightswith her husband at lunch time. Don't believe the bull derm says that you can eat whatever you want and it won't influence your acne. I've done more than 100 experiments. If you are interested read this article: http://healthoid.com/2008/06/02/how-to-cur...ur-acne-part-1/

I may also note that it has been proven that dairy is related to acne because it has many hormones. And you sayed you're acne is hormonal...You may have already tried it because, like you sayed, you've been there done that, and obviously you know your skin best, what breaks you out, what actually helps you, but I wanted to point that out since you didn't tell me what stuff you have tried. Regardless, I suggest you read that article since it helps in overall help & nutrition. Best luck to you. :D

Sadly, nothing cures all acne for all people. If that were true, there would be no need for this site. Not everyone can afford tane, not everyone can take tane, and not everyone wants to take tane. It does work for a great number of people, yes, but not everyone who has taken tane has been cleared up 100% permanently. Therefore, it's not a "cure".

Sadly, nothing cures all acne for all people. If that were true, there would be no need for this site. Not everyone can afford tane, not everyone can take tane, and not everyone wants to take tane. It does work for a great number of people, yes, but not everyone who has taken tane has been cleared up 100% permanently. Therefore, it's not a "cure".

My derm sayed Accutane was the only "cure" for acne :think:...I guess he can be wrong, everyone is human and makes mistakes, especially after seeing my last derm say diet has nothing to do with diet, but the nurse sayed she cleared up with a strict diet, so they may not be too wrong, maybe it just takes a few courses. But yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you. I concede the point.

Sad. Atleast you got cured. Unlike popular belief (even my old derm sayed it didnt affect) you are living proof that diet does affect acne.

Yes. All I had to do was ignore everything any dermatologist ever told me and figure it out for myself.

Also, btw, there are many people here on the nutrition and holistic board that are also living proof. And there have been studies to prove it.

Low GL diet helps acne article in medical journal:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/77676.php

Low GI study

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/86/1/107

Another one referring to a study:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Low...9641420053.html

RMIT study:

http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse/News%20and%2...16ry1r;STATUS=A

Study on Acne-free island population

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/138/12/1584.pdf

Study on association b/w acne and prostrate cancer w/diet IGF1 and androgens in conclusion.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/161/12/1094

Personally I wouldn't get on accutane unless I tried everything first and if my acne was very very bad. I heard about people getting back problems because of accutane?!? and joints getting stiff.. Sometimes the side effects won't show up in the first couple years of usage so think very well about what you're doing.

My derm sayed Accutane was the only "cure" for acne :think: ...I guess he can be wrong, everyone is human and makes mistakes, especially after seeing my last derm say diet has nothing to do with diet, but the nurse sayed she cleared up with a strict diet, so they may not be too wrong, maybe it just takes a few courses. But yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you. I concede the point.

Tell your derm that he's wrong and that there is no cure for ance. Accutane is just considered the "gold-standard" treatment for acne right now, but it is a far cry from a cure.

I am 29 and have been on 5 courses of Accutane from age 13-25. I reccomend that people at least try Accutane, but the price is crazy. I still have cystic problems and when I get a new derm because of moving, they always ask if I have heard of Accutane. When I tell them how many times I have been on it, they say nevermind. One derm has put me on Spironlactone, and this is the best improvement I have seen my whole life of acne. Accutane worked for me, but after about a year of stopping it, all my issues came back. I guess different things work for different people.

I am 29 and have been on 5 courses of Accutane from age 13-25. I reccomend that people at least try Accutane, but the price is crazy. I still have cystic problems and when I get a new derm because of moving, they always ask if I have heard of Accutane. When I tell them how many times I have been on it, they say nevermind. One derm has put me on Spironlactone, and this is the best improvement I have seen my whole life of acne. Accutane worked for me, but after about a year of stopping it, all my issues came back. I guess different things work for different people.

Another spiro person! :dance: I tell you, I cannot wait to go back on it so that my skin will clear back up already.