Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So...yes I'm new so first off --> Hi :)

I do not have terrible acne - but it's bad enough!!! I am a little confused with all of the names but I think my biggest issue is nodules (I do not get cysts and they're never clumped together). But it's under the skin and feels like there is nothing i can do about it - rarely an issue on my face - it's on my back! I've been using a clean and clear astrigent (sp?) which has made my skin feel great - minus the nasty nodules (which I am calling them because i am unsure if this is what they are).

Just got a brand new one today - anything I can do about this on my own??? Ice/hot water doesnt really do anything - its not "swollen" bc im not touching it - doesnt help with redness either.

I have fabulous insurance - no doctor - where I live you need a family doctor to get you into a derm :( and the possbility of getting one anytime soon is not good.

Short term worries - graduation + going away this weekend - aka 4 days (would love to minimize this - I can't remember the last time i wore my hair up in the summer not too mention they're very embarressing.

Long term - I'm 23 - would someday love to get married and wear that beautiful strapless wedding dress - corny? yes...but a constant concern </3

So...yes I'm new so first off --> Hi :)

I do not have terrible acne - but it's bad enough!!! I am a little confused with all of the names but I think my biggest issue is nodules (I do not get cysts and they're never clumped together). But it's under the skin and feels like there is nothing i can do about it - rarely an issue on my face - it's on my back! I've been using a clean and clear astrigent (sp?) which has made my skin feel great - minus the nasty nodules (which I am calling them because i am unsure if this is what they are).

Just got a brand new one today - anything I can do about this on my own??? Ice/hot water doesnt really do anything - its not "swollen" bc im not touching it - doesnt help with redness either.

well BP (Benzoyl peroxide) if you use or have any of this will help, however personly this does not help very much, and as you dont have access to a derm or a GP (doctor)you cant get anything that would be able to help you quickly or in the long term,

Short term worries - graduation + going away this weekend - aka 4 days (would love to minimize this - I can't remember the last time i wore my hair up in the summer not too mention they're very embarressing.

sadly you cant realy reduce nodules in 4 days so it will still be quite ovious on your vacation sorry to say. you say putting your hair up so im guessing your a she, so you can try and hide the redness with makeup while on vacation even though the bump would still be kinda ovious

Start taking up yoga. You need to improve your circulation towards your back but you must also eat right and load up your body with multivatmines, protein and other healthy foods.

If you drink orange juice quit drinking it. Replace that with warm green tea. If you drink milk make sure you buy low fat lactose free milk.

The regular milk is not as healthy and orange juice may trigger back acne to get worse. Avoid caffeine.

When you take a shower instead of just taking a plain shower take a bath instead. However, take a quick shower first to get rid of the dead skin cells and once you are done - block off the drain pipe and allow the bath tub to fill with luke warm water.

Throw some epson salt in it and just lay in there and relax for a while. The epson salt kills bacteria. Don't put too much in the water or it may sting a bit.

Once done pat dry and put on something comfortable which will allow your skin to breath fresh air. Don't cover your back with cloth or your hair.

Sleep on your side and not your back.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the replies guys! I never knew those things in your diet could affect acne! I don't drink coffee - but do drink (way too much :shifty: ) soda! Which needs to stop ASAP!

How would taking a bath help versus taking a shower?

I actually bought Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 5 - anyone ever tried it?

It has 5% benzoyl peroxide so I was very hesitant to buy it but I've been using it before I go to bed the last couple of nights and then using the Clean and clear astrigent after I get out of the shower in the morning. I can already see results.

I am starting to question if nodule was the right term. - I'm not 100% better but there have been noticable improvements! They're not as pink and the other normal pimples are a lot smaller and less noticable too :) Is it possible to have pimples underneathe the skin - or?

Ooh for those of you who use accutane - my little cousin is on it right now. His lips were SOOO dry he couldn't even open his mouth :( We got him this lip moisturizer from Bath & Body Works and it totally fixed the problem with in a matter of days (I am pretty sure that is what the place is called - it's kind of like the body shop but we do not have it here in Canada - well we don't have it where I live anyways!)

If anyone wants to know what it is let me know and I will double check on the name for you or at least what the ingrediants are!

Have a great weekend and thanks for all of your advice :)