Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay S1

Does the regimen last in the long run?

I am a long time user of Dan Kern's Regimen, including his products. I have been on this regimen for over 2 years, and during that time I was almost always clear.

The only product I've switched around are the moisturizers, and the other products were always held constant (Cleanser, BP).

During the past 6-7 months, I've constantly been breaking out with mild whiteheads. I really can't say what is causing this. I've been doing some desperate research, trying to edit my diet, switching back to my OLD moisturizer (the ones that kept me clear for over a year), yet it always seems to come back.

Any long time users notice any decrease in efficiency with the regimen? Yes I've read the FAQ's, Yes I've been extra careful with the regimen, and Yes I have read that your skin cannot possibly become resistant to the BP. Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to ask the long time users what they are planning to do in the future for their skin?

I believe acne is an internal problem. I just realized, by using topicals to treat my acne will only remain to be temporary, and that I should find the root of the problem. Cure the cause instead of the symptom.

I sure have

I started in the summer of 2006 and by October I was clear. This lasted off and on until the summer of 2007. Nowadays I might have 1 week clear followed by 5-6 weeks of acne =\

My face definetely has lost its smoothness now and I'm hoping jojoba oil can bring it back

I sure have

I started in the summer of 2006 and by October I was clear. This lasted off and on until the summer of 2007. Nowadays I might have 1 week clear followed by 5-6 weeks of acne =\

My face definetely has lost its smoothness now and I'm hoping jojoba oil can bring it back

That sounds kind of like what I'm going through. Although I had a great short time with Jojoba oil... as well as Dan's Moisturizer. Then suddenly I broke out really bad from jojoba oil...

I don't understand this at all, how come some things work great in the beginning, then start backfiring?

maybe adding in an aha moisturiser would give it a bit of a kick? ahas on their own can be used to fight acne but when put together with the regimen they can be really powerful as they exfoliate away all the dead skin that could be blocking up your pores. you could try neutrogena healthy skin or something or just wait for dan's to come out?

As much as I'd like to believe it, I can't 100% believe that no one develops resistance to BP. I'm sure some people do, even if most don't.

i think its genuinely biologically impossible, all bp does is release oxygen which stops p acnes being able to respire and so kills them, the p acnes physically cannot change from anaerobically to aerobically respiring without changing some huge part of their dna. i also think if it was possible to become immune, everyone would not just certain unlucky people