Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smellysaurus

Some questions about fish oil

I just bought some fish oil today.. how much should i take? The capsules are 1.2g. Also, does it really matter what brand you use? or if they are odorless? thank you.

I just bought some fish oil today.. how much should i take? The capsules are 1.2g. Also, does it really matter what brand you use? or if they are odorless? thank you.

It does matter what brand you use; if you went to a grocery store and picked out the cheapest brand, most likely it was a low-quality brand.

Fish oil is so healthy that even the worst brands can still help your skin, however. But next time, look into getting Carlsons or Nordic fish oil.

You should refrigerate the fish oil supplement you got, and if you can, take it with a good source of saturated fat.

Thank you so much! Next time I'll get the better quality stuff. But, how much should i be taking? the bottle says about 3 grams, is that enough?

Thank you so much! Next time I'll get the better quality stuff. But, how much should i be taking? the bottle says about 3 grams, is that enough?

How much omega-3 does each capsule have? A typical 1 gram capsule will provide 300 mg of omega-3.

You will want at least 3 grams of omega-3.

My fish oil pills contains about 300mg of EPA/DHA per a pill and I take about 3g of Omega-6 fatty acid daily. Does it mean that I should take 10 pills to balance?

take a low dose, i use to believe in the claims that we need alot because our diets are so deficient these days, but i think it may have sped up my hairloss, and there are many other who also claim this and i also recently found a scientific explanation as to why this could happen. There are benefits so yea you should take it but not in large doses id say take one-two pills a week.

on a similar note, be very careful with all these supplements that you take, there is a possibility that you could do more harm then good.

My fish oil pills contains about 300mg of EPA/DHA per a pill and I take about 3g of Omega-6 fatty acid daily. Does it mean that I should take 10 pills to balance?

why dont you go for liquid fish oil. Pills are more cumbersome. check Ndnromeo's thread for further info on this

Cheers

K

take a low dose, i use to believe in the claims that we need alot because our diets are so deficient these days, but i think it may have sped up my hairloss, and there are many other who also claim this and i also recently found a scientific explanation as to why this could happen. There are benefits so yea you should take it but not in large doses id say take one-two pills a week.

on a similar note, be very careful with all these supplements that you take, there is a possibility that you could do more harm then good.

Steer thoroughly clear of cod oil imo if dealing with hairloss.

And yes, do EXTENSIVE research in supplements, don't just start taking random things. Two weeks from now, you'll be alot wiser.

The brand does matter. You are taking fish oil for EPA/DHA. If you are taking a low concentrated pill, you are going to have to take a lot of them to get an adequate amount of EPA/DHA.

I think this is the highest concentrated one I have seen .. but I don't think I could afford it

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=910074

And yes, do EXTENSIVE research in supplements, don't just start taking random things. Two weeks from now, you'll be alot wiser.

Where would you get omega-3's from if you werent taking cod liver? Flax seed just doesnt do the trick, does it?

1-2/wk? LOL. Might as well not take it. I take 10 per day and have a full head of thick hair.

Where would you get omega-3's from if you werent taking cod liver? Flax seed just doesnt do the trick, does it?

Fish, flax, walnuts, olive oil, omega3 eggs, grass fed beef, etc.

1-2/wk? LOL. Might as well not take it. I take 10 per day and have a full head of thick hair.

You wont get that much from olive oil, walnuts and grass fed beef I think.

Wouldnt it be better just to take 1 tsp. pure cod liver oil the days you werent eating fish?

i used to take 20 pills per day for about two months straight, then dropped it down to like 8 per day then switched to liquid and took it since january 2007 and stopped about three weeks ago

how long have you been taking ten per day??

im not saying anyone is gauranteed to have increased hairloss, but fish oil has a good ability to intterupt the way your hair grows and there are tons of testimonials on the net about flax and fish oil contributing to hairloss, although testimonials dont ensure anything, the do carry some weight and when i read some studys about the mechanisms in which it could lead to hairloss, that warranted me to test my hypothesis based on the information gathered. and also give a heads up to my peeps at the org.

i used to take 20 pills per day for about two months straight, then dropped it down to like 8 per day then switched to liquid and took it since january 2007 and stopped about three weeks ago

how long have you been taking ten per day??

im not saying anyone is gauranteed to have increased hairloss, but fish oil has a good ability to intterupt the way your hair grows and there are tons of testimonials on the net about flax and fish oil contributing to hairloss, although testimonials dont ensure anything, the do carry some weight and when i read some studys about the mechanisms in which it could lead to hairloss, that warranted me to test my hypothesis based on the information gathered. and also give a heads up to my peeps at the org.

Well, overdosing Vitamin A can cause hairloss. Isnt that the same thing with Acutane?

1 tsp. of Omega-3 Cod Liver fish oil wont cause hairloss I think. Atleast not if you dont take it the same day as you eat fish. Then I would think its pretty safe.