Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MyCurse

My First Message Board Post ends up being an acne board- LOL

I've been reading a lot of posts from other people on this board and I've just decided to go for it and join in on the bitching, praising, joyous emotions, and most importantly on the support that this online community provides. I'm a guy who's 21 years old and has been suffering from acne since I was about 15. I can't even remember what I used to look like without acne. It robbed my from a lot of experiences, from a lot of dates that I never had the courage to ask out because of what I had on my face. I decided to just go for it this year and beg my derm to put me on the tane regiment. They had me taking so many other pills and topical creams thinking that it would clear me up, but that never happend. It wasn't until I just showed up and and kept asking them to put me on acutane that they started thinking that it would be a proper treatment for me. I started taking it about a month ago. I'm on week 5 of this stuff and it's been pretty bad so far. I have not seen a single improvement on my face. The worst part of this is that I have no insurance so everything is self pay, but if it works than I would pay as much as needed all over again. I really don't have any side effects so far, besides the dry, VERY dry and I mean EXTREMELY dry lips that everyone seems to get. I hate putting anything on my lips, excepts girls lips of course- haha lol it's funny because I've only had like one girl friend and yeah, long story there and I'll go into detail if you guys want or I get comfy with you, but for now I'll keep on ranting about the side effects. My mood hasn't changed at all. I sometimes do feel a bit tired and it sucks because when I want to get in the weight room and I don't end up doing because I'm feeling lazy I don't know whether to blame it on the tane or just on being lazy that day. I don't have any headaches, joint pains, sad emotions sometimes, but thats probably due to other reasons. No intentions of killing myself anyway, it's pretty strange how I HAVE to get that asked by my derm every time I get in the office. He starts off by being really cool and friendly and joking but out of no where he just goes " Do you feel like killing your self?" and I'm just like Nope and then he's like okay, good. Well anyway to recap I'm on week 5 and I don't see any positive change on my face and well thats pretty much it. Thank you guys or anyone who reads this and leaves a reply for me to read later sometime. -Juan ;)

Hey there !

You're only a month in on this stuff and it will definitely be a roller coaster ride. One day you'll feel incredibly good about your skin, the next you'll want to put a paper bag over your head. Just check out my log. I have that disgusting dryness just like you and everyone else. for your lips, Try putting on aquaphor, carmex, vaseline or a combination of the three ! whatever works for you. Keep moisturizing. What mg dose are you on? Accutane will work, you just have to be patient. I should know :) So don't worry if you feel hopeless now, just wait it out and you'll start to see results ! I hope i helped you any, oh and about working out, push yourself because you COULD blame accutane but i'm sure its more so your laziness (i know it is for me) that way, you'll be fit and clear ! Lol so good luck and stop by my log if feel like it.