Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys :D

well, i'm on week 8 of accutane, and i have been steadily clearing up. i'm a 16 year old girl..and have it really bad, unfortunately =| i'm taking 60mg/day

but what worries me is how i'm taking it.

see, my first month..the pharmacist directed to take the whole 60mg in one gulp. so i did.

i eat healthy and i take vitamins.. and got the usual side effects: crying spells, depression..joint pain ..severe dryness of the lips, etc etc..

and then i get this month's perscription...and it says take 1 capsule twice daily.

but i STILL took the full 60 in one mouthful...ignoring the directions =|

i was just wondering...does it make a difference if you take 30mg in the morning and 30 at night..rather than taking the full 60 at once? (2 capsules) ..i'm really worried. maybe it's not as effective (which really doesn't make sense, since i am seeing positive results.. :rolleyes: )

what would you think? thank you so much in advancee!

I believe taking 30mg in the morning and 30mg at night would be the best way to do it so the drug can always stay in your system from what my understanding is. I myself is taking 60mg per day, 20 mg in the morning and 40mg at night.

I believe taking 30mg in the morning and 30mg at night would be the best way to do it so the drug can always stay in your system from what my understanding is. I myself is taking 60mg per day, 20 mg in the morning and 40mg at night.

I agree! I was taking it all at once in the beginning and the side effects were really bothersome not to mention the IB lasted forever. When I split my dose the IB went away after a few days and the side effects are much less bothersome.