Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin reacts VERY well to the sun, in the summer my skin is always better and after spending a weekend at the beach or out on the boat, my skin is great on Monday. So I was wondering if anyone whose skin has a similar reaction to the sun has ever experimented with a Vitamin D supplement and been successful?

Any input would be appreciated!

There are a few threads about Vitamin D and acne.

I've personally been supplementing it for a while now. My skin was clear before I started taking any Vitamin D, but I had other symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency, and I feel better since supplementing it and getting more sunlight. I think that Vitamin D deficiency is a very real threat and more people should be more aware of it, and of course less scared of the sun.

My skin reacts VERY well to the sun, in the summer my skin is always better and after spending a weekend at the beach or out on the boat, my skin is great on Monday. So I was wondering if anyone whose skin has a similar reaction to the sun has ever experimented with a Vitamin D supplement and been successful?

Any input would be appreciated!

I take a Vitamin D supplement because I wear sunscreen everyday. It doesnt seem to help my skin, but it's necessary for ss wearers. I had worse acne when I used to tan, so I guess D doesnt help mine. Everyone is different though. I wouldn't supplement with more than 2000 IU=)

Vitamin D is amazing...I sit in the sun and just relax listening to some music for approx 20 mins each day and I have seen the results