Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
principessa

Woke up with face full of acne overnight?

I am 32 years old. I have never had more than the occasional pimple here and there. Maybe two at a time every 8 months or so. I went to bed on Friday with a clear face and woke on Saturday with a face full of pimples.

I tried to treat it with a clay mask and with a sulfur treatment. It only got worse. I went to the dermatologist today and was told that it is just regular old acne.

Can you get acne overnight, at 32 years old? This seems incredible to me!

I did use a night cream that I think caused this, but I am wondering, is it here to stay now? Is this a one time thing, caused by the cream, or am I going to deal with this forever? Is what I have now going to scar?

I hate this. I feel so horrible right now. I just want it to go away and never come back.

Probably just a reaction. It will probably clear up in a few days. Scars, not unless its a really bad reaction. Just let your skin heal.

I had a classmate that had a similar reaction due to medication. Hers went away as soon as she stopped taking it, but unfortunately the red marks stuck around longer. Hopefully this is just a freak reaction to the cream.