Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
p4p3rhearts

Should I cause another allergic reaction? (on purpose?)

As strange as it sounds, I'm actually seriously considering my option of causing a moderate allergic reaction x_o ....

Less than 6 months ago, I decided to change a few things up.

Originally I used to:

> wash my face with Neutrogena Acne Stress Controll Power-foam Wash

> apply Neutrogena Advanced Solutions oil-free Day Lotion

> apply on Skin79 anti-blemish pigmented cover

But then that day after washing my face I used, instead:

> Skin79 Teatree Medi Booster (removes dirt, oil, excess cleanser)

> Neutrogena Rapid Clear lotion

> Skin79 anti-blemish pigmented cover

I went to school and my face was turning red and HOT! I began feeling sick and my face felt a bit numb, but I didn't really know what it was at the time. Without even finishing a class, I went home and washed down my face and without the make-up cover you could totally see how red my face was. My mom took me to the doctor and he claimed it was an allergic reaction. The thing is, I don't have allergies to each individual product, but I guess when used together like that it caused something.

My doctor was unsure of what it exactly was so prescribed me some stuff to clear allergies (but I didn't take it because it looked fishy) and my face was numb and red for 3 days, and I felt much fatigue during that time.

The strange thing is tho, due to this allergic reaction my acne virtually died for weeks and my genetic fruit allergies died. My fruit allergies are genetic--my dad and brother has them and my grandfather, while now he's gone, probably had them too. But after that I can eat whatever fruits without getting allergic reactions at all.

Still while I get some pimples or zits now (about five or six months later), they usually die instantly overnight. Try it again, or leave it alone? :/ I'm tempted to try again.

Thanks!

You felt sick enough to go to the doctor and you want to induce another such experience. No, not a good idea.

You felt sick enough to go to the doctor and you want to induce another such experience. No, not a good idea.

I would if it killed off the remainder of my acne ~_~;;

Please don't do this. Some allergic reactions are worse the second time around so you really don't know how you will react. You can't even know for sure that this is what cleared you up.