Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Could a defiency in calcium cause acne, or at least contribute to it? After getting an elbow to one of my teeth, and leading me to been very worried about it as its one of my front ones, and im really hoping it isnt badly damaged. Anyway, as ive inspecting this tooth obsessively over and over i got the torch right onto it and noticed a vertical line on it, my first thought was that the tooth was cracked. But then i noticed these lines on lots of my teeth so i began searching for answers. There doesnt seem to be a great deal about them, but one person has said it could be due to a calcium defiency. I dont know if this would effect acne at all but i would be interested in knowing if anyone else was to know? I hate worrying about acne, but now worrying about my tooth is even worse :(

Before worrying about calcium, worry about magnesium and Vitamin D, two nutrients that are easier to be deficient in.

Vitamin D is probably the most important factor in ensuring proper calcium uptake and regulation. Take cod liver oil every day, and try to get more sunlight exposure on your entire body (not just your face and arms).

Magnesium is lost when grains are refined, and because of poor soil quality, produce is containing less and less magnesium. Increase intake of leafy green vegetables (preferably organic), nuts, and wild-caught seafood.

As for calcium, calcium is far overrated. 500 mg per day is plenty. Acne-friendly diets often exclude dairy; if you're not eating dairy, you can get a lot of calcium from eggshells. (In fact, eggshells are the source of calcium for a typical calcium carbonate supplement). Google it to find a good method of doing this.

when i cut out all dairy, i never thought about the calcium and vitamin d that i cut out, after like a year i realized i made a big mistake!!!! cant believe i missed that one so i immediatly upped vitamin d and calcium. there was a chance that it made my acne worse.

I know you can get calcium from other things, but i have always wanted to give milk another try. I dont know if it causes me to break out or not, its just one of the things that i have read people say can break you out and i just gave it up. Has anyone else gave up milk for a while, but then brought it back into there diet and it actually never effected there acne?