Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We all go through hard-times in our lives, whether it's acne, relationships, family, job, etc. What are some of YOUR favorite quotes that have helped you through those rough patches in life?

Here are mine:

"When one door closes, another one opens."

"Life's a bitch then you get over it."

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

"Always remember that you're unique, just like everybody else..."

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."

"Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman."

"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it is still just a playing piece."

"Do or don't there is no try."

"In order to lead the orchestra the maestro must turn his back to the crowd."

"When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying."

"I cry in the rain because no one can see my tears."

"My wish is not to mean everything to everyone, but to mean something to someone."

"I talk through my eyes, the words pourin' down"

"May all your wishes come true. I wish that life becomes all that you want it to."

These are my favourite quotes which I have logged and are so Powerful....

BazM

"By beauty I am not a star.

There are others more handsome by far.

My face I don't mind it.

because I'm behind it.

It's the people in front that I jar."

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."

this one is my favorite,

" Heres to the hole that never heals, the deeper i go the better it feels"

"Usually when people are sad, they don’t do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change."

“If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit.â€

“Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission.â€

"Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."

"I used to be an atheist, until I realized I had nothing to shout during blowjobs. "Oh Random Chance! Oh Random Chance!" just doesn't cut it…"

Bet you weren't expecting the last one, were you? :banana:

A few different ones...I never really 'got' those one liners people throw out, cant help put feel they're trying to be quoted just for the sake of it.

I was hoping we'd make real progress -

But it seems we have lost the power

Any tiny step of advancement

Is like a raindrop falling into the ocean -

We're running on the spot - always have - always will?

We're just the next generation of the emotionally crippled.

Though we keep piling up the building blocks

The structure never seems to get any higher

Because we keep kicking out the foundations

And stand useless while our lives fall down.

I believe in life - and I believe in love

But the world in which I live in - keeps trying to prove me wrong.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

Choose Life.

Choose a job.

Choose a career.

Choose a family.

Choose a fucking big television,

Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers.

Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance.

Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments.

Choose a starter home.

Choose your friends.

Choose leisure wear and matching luggage.

Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics.

Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning.

Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.

Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life...

But why would I want to do a thing like that?

"Feelings aren't commitments, they are just feelings." Meaning that just because I feel ugly or useless doesn't mean that reflects the reality of the situation. Chances are that I'm far from ugly or useless - it just means that they are feelings.

"You can't choose how you feel, but you can choose what you do with how you feel." Meaning that just because I feel angry or overwhelmed doesn't mean I have to ACT angry or overwhelmed. Gives me the freedom to act in a healthy manner as well the permission to acknowledge my feelings.

"Don't compare your insides to another's outsides." Meaning that it's unfair to both me and the people around me to completely judge myself and everything in me by the surface appearence of another's life. (since, let's face it, who has ever judged themselves to be as good as they really are?)

And finally - very cliche, but very true. "Know thyself." Know your strengths, weaknesses, and know how you operate. I am a very emotional person, therefore when I need help, that's where I approach people from. There's no shame in that. Once you figure out how your center works, it's alot easier to find your place in the world.

"Every man dies; not every man really lives." William Wallace

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

Guest kiwikali

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."

- The Great Gatsby

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

- The Great Gatsby

" Dost thou love life?

Then do not squander time,

for that is the stuff life is made of."

-Benjamin Franklin

"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."

hahahahah i love that last one!

My favorite quotes encompass a particular theme:

I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. ~Socrates

No matter how old you get, you really don't know shit. ~My dad

Why you gotta act like you know when you don't know? It's OK if you don't know everything. ~Ben Folds

And a fun one for good measure:

When you're odd, the odds are with you. ~Unknown